+ Visit Sheffield Wednesday FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: That feeling....!

That feeling....!

Battered Wigan second half....but more important, great to feel the team coming together after a slow start!
    Bannon back in the groove..Fletcher & Fessi sublime!
    You mighty MIGHTY Wednesday!!

Quality goal from Fletcher, team played well as a unit...I see Abdi has took some stick on Owlstalk, don't get this myself, looked solid throughout, even if there were no Hollywood passes, I think he'll be a top player for us, still, makes a change from Palmer getting slagged off for daring to be picked by CC.

Also, another really good performance from Hutch, can't see Loovens getting back any time soon, probably a Hutch injury or suspension will be the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by aussieowl View Post
    Quality goal from Fletcher, team played well as a unit...I see Abdi has took some stick on Owlstalk, don't get this myself, looked solid throughout, even if there were no Hollywood passes, I think he'll be a top player for us, still, makes a change from Palmer getting slagged off for daring to be picked by CC.

Also, another really good performance from Hutch, can't see Loovens getting back any time soon, probably a Hutch injury or suspension will be the only way.

Think the problem with Abdi at the moment is fitting him in to one position and allowing him enough game time to settle into a role in our side. Thought h played ok on Saturday but we did better when Hooper came on to partner Fletcher.

I thought Palmer had a solid game, made one mistake near the end on the halfway line when having done really well to win the ball back he delayed a pass and lost possession which could have resulted in a last chance for Wigan but generally he did well. Plenty were still giving him stick though.

Wigan have been a soft touch away from home - so don't get your hopes up.

You still look massively off the pace in comparison to the Championship's big hitters.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchouro View Post

You still look massively off the pace in comparison to the Championship's big hitters.
    You mean Huddersfield, Barnsley, Birmingham & Fulham.., big hitters indeed..

Quote Originally Posted by Katchouro View Post

You are so desperate for us to fail, you will spout any old shyte without finding out the facts, so here are some.

We are better off at this stage than we were last season and the "biggest hitters" I am going to assume you are referring to Newcastle and okay let us include Huddersfield being as they are top, well they are nowhere near the table topping Brighton (lol) were at this stage last season so that rather makes your statement look sillier than your team conceding goals for fun in the pub league doesn't it?

I watched United's game at Gillingham and boy, do they have massive problems!
    They've only won their last three games purely down to luck.
    The gills game was a prime example..The home team were absolutely garbage and threw the game away..United weren't much better.
    Thank fck we don't have to watch that crappy standard of football in the pub league every week..It really was like watching a Sunday League game.
    Can't see the Pigs luck holding out all season and I reckon a few defeats on the bounce and Wilder will start to lose the plot again..Just like he was before he got the lucky break getting the last minute pen in Kent.
    I still don't think they'll go up this season..They're just not good enough and will bottle it once again in the last couple of months.
    All that plus the fact that they've got a lower budget this year than last makes it yet another painful season for the Oinkers.

ps...The away fans at Gillingham looked so tin pot...All three hundred of em...Wonder what Mahat thinks of this...

Don't be so touchy lads - just calling it as I see it. Newcastle making a big statement with that 6-0 at Loftus Road, Norwich still chugging away, and Villa and Derby still to come good.

Scrappy wins at home to teams not long since promoted don't impress me. You won't be going up.

Will the perennial pub league favourites be going up this season based on narrow wins against newly promoted Oxford & Wimbledon?

Too early to say where we will finish but Tuesday will prove to be a good result against I decent side that will finish top half and whose only other defeats so far have been by the odd goal to Necastle and Norwich.

Villa and Derby - who can't buy a goal - are still to come good? On that basis so are we but at least we are now picking up results as we look to integrate new players, unlike those 2.

Thoroughly enjoyed that game yesterday!
    Hope Fessi has now turned the corner....Hooper influenced that game as much as anyone could, without scoring.
    One trademark strike from our flying Scotsmen (a la last season) will get them back to their best - how funny was it when Wallace snatched the Hudds note

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)