+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Any way back for Shack?

Any way back for Shack?

With Pearce current form and several clean sheets should we be looking to cash in come January? If we can get a fee possibly consider a young and upcoming CB to cover??

Yes i would get rid if possible

Quote Originally Posted by Rich2462 View Post
    With Pearce current form and several clean sheets should we be looking to cash in come January? If we can get a fee possibly consider a young and upcoming CB to cover??
    I would keep - his experience will be invaluable should we get an injury or a loss of form of one of our starting CB's. Plus i cannot imagine we would get much fee in - especially with his wages. A young inexperienced cover CB might well struggle IF we get into a position to challenge for the playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    I would keep - his experience will be invaluable should we get an injury or a loss of form of one of our starting CB's. Plus i cannot imagine we would get much fee in - especially with his wages. A young inexperienced cover CB might well struggle IF we get into a position to challenge for the playoffs
    How come everyone round here appears to know more than I (ie more than f***-all) about how much our heroes get paid?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    How come everyone round here appears to know more than I (ie more than f***-all) about how much our heroes get paid?
    At the time he signed it was said, rightly or wrongly, that he had become one of our top earners - having just come from a Premiership team it would make sense that his demands would have been higher, despite coming from a club that had themselves been relegated

Agree with Rog...all well and good thinking we're sorted with Keogh and Pearce and they're doing really well but an injury can happen any time and we'll need cover so, unless he's the disruptive influence some suggest, hang on to him and let him fight for his place like anyone else.

If any of the current crop get injured we could bring back Peter Daniel to do a sound job.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimeram View Post
    If any of the current crop get injured we could bring back Peter Daniel to do a sound job.
    Now THERE'S a hero, if ever anyone 'stepped up to the plate' it was Pete

These days it's a squad game and not necessarily a team game so hang on to Shackell as he will be needed to cover for injury, suspension or loss of form just in the same way as the likes of Weimann and Bryson are going to be needed unless we make a couple of very significant signings in January and I would not rule that out either. Bent was surplus to requirements according to some but look at him now................

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    What you mean like McFarland and Daniels did.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)