+ Visit Scotland Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The old firm

The old firm

Do you think Scottish football would be better off without the two Glasgow giants playing in Scotland ?

Personally I think it would be. The standard is sh1te anyway so couldn't possibly become much worse. There would be more competition as more teams would have a chance of winning the league and the cups.

Nope, were Scottish and we belong here, and if we did move, how long before the "new" old firm became established,and the diddies started moaning again?

Quote Originally Posted by Bodie80 View Post
    Do you think Scottish football would be better off without the two Glasgow giants playing in Scotland ?

Personally I think it would be. The standard is sh1te anyway so couldn't possibly become much worse. There would be more competition as more teams would have a chance of winning the league and the cups.
    The Old Firm, in its faded guise, died in 2012 with the Liquidation of Rangers. What we have now is one of the Glasgow clubs, run professionally, winning trophies, attracting decent players despite the financial constraints of Scottish football, ditto for financial backing and sponsors, and they compete in Europe on a yearly basis. The other mob are run by crooks, spivs and shysters, purely for their own financial gain, they have a criminal as chairman, quoted as being a "glib and shameless liar", they cannot attract outside capital, their stadium is in a state of disrepair, their manager a clueless fly by the seat of his pants type, his players collected from Accrington and Preston and the club itself is never out of the courts due its is 4 year history of infighting. Celtic are a credit to Scotland, Sevco are a running joke on a poor quality soap opera. How these two clubs can be described as any sort of firm is pathetic and the only people who do are incomers spoon fed by a media who need to kid on a club can survive liquidation.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevvy too 2 View Post
    Nope, were Scottish and we belong here, and if we did move, how long before the "new" old firm became established,and the diddies started moaning again?
    I'm not moaning Sevvy, just putting the question out there instead of all the political stuff on here where we go round and round in circles as either side will never back down.

As for a new firm, I don't think that would happen. There would be three clubs left bigger than the rest but the gap would be nowhere like what it is between the old firm and the rest just now.
    The league I think would become much more competitive and if there was say four or five teams challenging at the top in a season to win the league I think crowds would rise.
    Last edited by Bodie80; 30-12-2016 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seumasbhoy View Post
    The Old Firm, in its faded guise, died in 2012 with the Liquidation of Rangers. What we have now is one of the Glasgow clubs, run professionally, winning trophies, attracting decent players despite the financial constraints of Scottish football, ditto for financial backing and sponsors, and they compete in Europe on a yearly basis. The other mob are run by crooks, spivs and shysters, purely for their own financial gain, they have a criminal as chairman, quoted as being a "glib and shameless liar", they cannot attract outside capital, their stadium is in a state of disrepair, their manager a clueless fly by the seat of his pants type, his players collected from Accrington and Preston and the club itself is never out of the courts due its is 4 year history of infighting. Celtic are a credit to Scotland, Sevco are a running joke on a poor quality soap opera. How these two clubs can be described as any sort of firm is pathetic and the only people who do are incomers spoon fed by a media who need to kid on a club can survive liquidation.
    Please move on from that. Rangers do exist as do Celtic. I'm not going to get into a discussion wherever either is a credit to Scotland or not or the ins and outs of wherever Rangers are a new club, who runs then, their stadium or whatever.
    I'm asking the question do you think Scottish football on the whole would be better off without the two Glasgow Giants ?

I never said you were moaning, I meant it hypothetically that two others would fill the vacuum that we would leave,and eventually they would be the two teams to be bamed for all that is wrong in Scottish football, it may take a few decades but I can't see it not happening,forgot to add, personally I think it would die without us.

Please move on from that. Rangers do exist as do Celtic.
    This stupid see-through Hun is completely see-through

Quote Originally Posted by Sevvy too 2 View Post
    I never said you were moaning, I meant it hypothetically that two others would fill the vacuum that we would leave,and eventually they would be the two teams to be bamed for all that is wrong in Scottish football, it may take a few decades but I can't see it not happening,forgot to add, personally I think it would die without us.
    What two clubs do you think would fill the vacuum you are talking about ?

My opinion is I think it would thrive without them. Much more competition would mean bigger crowds. As I've said the standard is poor anyway so couldn't really drop much further. It would be brilliant at the start of a season when you don't know who is going to win the league as you do now. Clubs such as the one I support could in theory have a chance of that which of course just now they have zero chance.

Quote Originally Posted by 52N4E View Post
    This stupid see-through Hun is completely see-through

Please phuck off so you don't ruin this thread. There's a good boy

Listen Hun, go take a look at the archive.

There's piles of your pro-Hun posts there. You ain't fooling anyone

Here's one from the archive ...

ok I'll admit to preferring Rangers over Celtic but I'm really a Dundee fan. Honestly
    Last edited by 52N4E; 30-12-2016 at 12:22 PM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)