+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: For all our sakes Warne Shut up

For all our sakes Warne Shut up

Paul , please listen to what we are saying to you , please stop spouting crap .I am backing Ward , the boys gave me everything .they never stopped trying !!!!FFS why not tell them they are an embarrassment to the shirt and the fans who pay good money to watch them loose every week ....wakey wakey!!!Harsh but true .....you cannot be a manger whilst you are one of the lads .

Sooooo true bogs far too close to his mates.

Quote Originally Posted by bogsdollox View Post
    Paul , please listen to what we are saying to you , please stop spouting crap .I am backing Ward , the boys gave me everything .they never stopped trying !!!!FFS why not tell them they are an embarrassment to the shirt and the fans who pay good money to watch them loose every week ....wakey wakey!!!Harsh but true .....you cannot be a manger whilst you are one of the lads .
    Yes he can because T/S thinks he's doing a good job.

So would you like him to say Ward is crap?

Oh and the rest of the team is.

Quick question how many managers have you seen do that in the press??

Yep thought so.

They need some home truths yak, not to be publicised as such but stop dressing stuff up about effort etc it's cringe worthy mate.

I'm not disagreeing but the manager is not gonna do it in the press.

Warne is just in a desperate position really.

To be fair i think it's all about respect, and from what i hear he has the utmost respect from the players, even though he's called them out a couple of times, privately of course, and that's the way it should be in a changing room.

There arent many managers that will lambast the players publicly, firstly it's occupational suicide, and secondly, it doesn'y work, you only hear manager's calling players in public when they've got an ulterior motive, ie they want to force them out etc, for me Warne is doing as well as he can, with the resources he has, in a very difficult position, and for me he's been unlucky.

Having said that, we are where we are, no disguising that fact, but he is really in a no win situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    So would you like him to say Ward is crap?

Oh and the rest of the team is.

Quick question how many managers have you seen do that in the press??

Yep thought so.
    Steve Evans.

So you heard Steve Evans say a player is crap and the team is crap??

Really I must have missed that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    So you heard Steve Evans say a player is crap and the team is crap??

Really I must have missed that one.
    He might not have said they are crap, but he definitely publicly berated players for poor performances, both as individuals and as a team.

And that's not all the original post was saying. The OP said: "I am backing Ward , the boys gave me everything .they never stopped trying !!!!". Well Evans would have had no problem saying that Ward's form has dipped. Nor would he have lied and said the players were giving everything when they blatantly weren't.