+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You see I was right

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

You see I was right

In February I posted that it was waffle that we were looking at players out of contract. Well now you can read it's unlikely to see any new faces. It's just another ploy to try and keep the supporters interested when our glorious board of directors are'nt. They can not say we are skint as we've received 1.3 million in transfers so far this season, But that's forgotten about

Hang On

Quote Originally Posted by As it is View Post
    In February I posted that it was waffle that we were looking at players out of contract. Well now you can read it's unlikely to see any new faces. It's just another ploy to try and keep the supporters interested when our glorious board of directors are'nt. They can not say we are skint as we've received 1.3 million in transfers so far this season, But that's forgotten about
    Hey Hang on i was right also !! I been saying for the past 2/3 seasons keep playing ACADEMY Kids and you will see where it leads to Relegation! Artell only has himself to blame he keeps selecting them,and guess what if by a miracle the club escapes relegation you will only get more the same next season,nothing will change at this club until a clear out is done and that ACADEMY CLOSED DOWN and money spent on the 1st team.

Quote Originally Posted by itwasin View Post
    Hey Hang on i was right also !! I been saying for the past 2/3 seasons keep playing ACADEMY Kids and you will see where it leads to Relegation! Artell only has himself to blame he keeps selecting them,and guess what if by a miracle the club escapes relegation you will only get more the same next season,nothing will change at this club until a clear out is done and that ACADEMY CLOSED DOWN and money spent on the 1st team.
    Another well thought out post by Itwasin. NOT!! Who do you suggest Artell selects? We have a squad of players under contract who's wages we pay every week. I don't profess to have
    The answers but closing the Academy is not it. Selling players from our Academy has sustained this club over the last 30 years in addition to having players come into the team on low wages, even by our standards. So to dump the Academy is a ridiculous notion and ain't gonna happen. In actual fact we need better players coming in to support these youngsters.

The academy needs to be re structured. We live in past when we talk about the players we have produced . Football has moved on a lot but Crewe Alex Academy is still in the glorious past. We can no longer sell to the top teams as they look world wide for the finished players. The money we would save by shedding a few coaches would pay for some more first team players . We have to open our eyes and look at new ways to attract players . All of those at the club wanting to keep the academy are taking a wage out of it so want it to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    Another well thought out post by Itwasin. NOT!! Who do you suggest Artell selects? We have a squad of players under contract who's wages we pay every week. I don't profess to have
    The answers but closing the Academy is not it. Selling players from our Academy has sustained this club over the last 30 years in addition to having players come into the team on low wages, even by our standards. So to dump the Academy is a ridiculous notion and ain't gonna happen. In actual fact we need better players coming in to support these youngsters.
    AS David Cameron said "I WAS ONCE THE FUTURE!" Well that goes for the Crewe Academy also move with the times its had its day. Who the bleeding hell wants to buy our players Hartlepool ! The Premiership!! The Championship which one is favourite. Where have all the Scouts gone!! long time missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    Like the post Timmy.
    Keep thinking I should reply to itwasin, then think....why?

Cos you know he is right

Quote Originally Posted by jamesdad View Post
    Cos you know he is right
    But he isn't. No lucid argument. Just the same tripe. Mostly I can't be arsed to comment. But occasionally it has to be done. He just snipes but has no real answers. Neither do I. But I am prepared to discuss it.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    Like the post Timmy.
    Keep thinking I should reply to itwasin, then think....why?

I fully agree with jamesdad. The academy model has barely changed over 30 years and needs a root and branch review to ensure the training and coaching is in sync with the requirements of the first team. A different coaching mentality is required and this means recruiting individuals not steeped in the Crewe way. A fresh perspective is needed to focus on, for example, better marking and pressing of the opposition. As for the Board, the membership has remained unchanged for years and is in desperate need of new blood. The removal of the majority shareholder and others like Bowler and Gradi are essential if the necessary change is to be made. Seeing the club plummeting towards relegation to non-league, bringing with it the end of the Academy, is surely an obvious catalyst for the Board to instigate change?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast