+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Northampton(home)predictions

Northampton(home)predictions

Northampton have shown good form recently but I feel that will work in our favour because they will be indecisive
    Play to our recent form or sit back like a lot of the lower teams do at ewood?
    With our attacking options we SHOULD experience a comfortable result and afternoon.
    3-0 win

Considering our attacking talent, we don't score enough goals for me, and despite having apparently the best centre back in the league, leak too many..

Northampton in form..

Hmm..

4-2 to Rovers.

3 - 1

Quote Originally Posted by Despair View Post
    3 - 1
    For once I am airing on the side of caution. 2 winnable home games in 4 days always worries me a bit, we could be top by tues night?
    But we have dropped points in these sorts of games this season, so lest see.
    1-0 in this one.

I'm opting for 1-0 too.
    If we get an early goal, or if Northampton come with an attacking mindset, I'd expect us to win by two or three, but I suspect we will see a massed defence.
    Champs - to tackle some of your questions from the other thread, I'd guess that we will start with the unchanged team again, but that Payne and Armstrong will both get game-time, and that we might see ten minutes of Bell as well.
    We could give Graham a rest, but he hasn't shown any sign of needing one.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    I'm opting for 1-0 too.
    If we get an early goal, or if Northampton come with an attacking mindset, I'd expect us to win by two or three, but I suspect we will see a massed defence.
    Champs - to tackle some of your questions from the other thread, I'd guess that we will start with the unchanged team again, but that Payne and Armstrong will both get game-time, and that we might see ten minutes of Bell as well.
    Can't see a hasselbaink team playing with a massed defence. He isn't that bright a manager. Hence why he'll never be a success in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    Can't see a hasselbaink team playing with a massed defence. He isn't that bright a manager. Hence why he'll never be a success in the long run.

Remember when I was waxing lyrical about Hasslebaink as a manager Sax!! He's gone backwards since then

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    I'm opting for 1-0 too.
    I think Payne really is very close to starting. By all accounts, he played very well when he came on last week. Had a hand in the goal. Agreed about Bell, he will be introduced these next few games. I think he may start with Armstrong (maybe in place of Samuel?)
    Like you say Auks, Graham starts now based on performance. I think it could stay that way, but with 2 quick games, he may swap it around a bit.

I would be inclined to make a couple of changes
    Possibly start both Armstrong and Payne on the wings or at least one of them
    Samuel has done ok on the wing but it's not his position and with Conway starting to lag a rest might do them both good
    Our wing situation is starting to look good
    Left:
    Antonsson
    Bell
    Conway/Bennett
    Payne/Armstrong
    Gladwin
    Right:
    Chapman
    Conway/Bennett
    Payne/Armstrong
    Good options and a welcome headache for Mowbray.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    I would be inclined to make a couple of changes
    Possibly start both Armstrong and Payne on the wings or at least one of them
    Samuel has done ok on the wing but it's not his position and with Conway starting to lag a rest might do them both good
    Our wing situation is starting to look good
    Left:
    Antonsson
    Bell
    Conway/Bennett
    Payne/Armstrong
    Gladwin
    Right:
    Chapman
    Conway/Bennett
    Payne/Armstrong
    Good options and a welcome headache for Mowbray.
    Such a young, vibrant squad. They will hold their own in the Champ, with a few additions.
    Have you heard about Chapman this week? Coming out of Boro and Rovers, Mowbray has said he wants us to sign him permantely now. He is out of contract at the end of the season. If Cairney's transfer to West-Ham is finalised, we get 20% of £15m. £1m of that will be invested in Chapman. We are hoping to get this over the line in this window, dependant on Cairney. Great business all round if that happens.

I want us to smash Norhampton tomoz. 4 or 5 job. Let's really attack them. This is my side I want ....

GK- Raya
    RB- Nyambie
    CB- Mulgrew
    CB- Downing
    LB- Williams
    CM- Smallwood & Bennet (both holding)
    RW- Payne
    10 role - Dack
    LW - Armstrong
    CF- Graham

That front 4 is dangerous! Even though LW isn't Armstrongs best position, he is so quick. I'd bench Conway for this one. Same with Samuel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)