+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroes and villains

Heroes and villains

As ever at times of ‘crisis’ - and this winter weather does for once fall into that category for some - we see genuine unsung heroism from members of the general public. So to all those NHS staff who have walked to work and slept on site, to the gritting crews, the business people stuck overnight on motorways and those supplying hot drinks to the stranded...thanks, you are a credit to yourselves and your country.
    To Boris Johnson, trying (and failing) to look heroic going for a body guard accompanied run in the snow wearing his ridiculous shorts and those who sanctioned a truck full of grit to Downing Street yesterday when there was approximately one millimetre of patchy snow cover...get a life and *** off.

I'm starting a Trickyfundfordeprived.

Get Jeremy some new clothes. This poor man obviously has nothing to wear but the same out fit day in day out.

Pray for Jeremy.

http://metro.co.uk/2018/02/27/even-j...itain-7347197/

This is immediately what sprung to mind on seeing thread title:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93bAdEf0pzc

A long way back, I used to deliver for dominos pizza, and people were so ungrateful in these conditions, and had the audacity to complain that delivery was late. They even tried to claim that pizzas arrived cold (never the case if packed properly, they're transported on hot plates). Anything to try and get a reduced pizza. Bar stewards.

Didn't help that my Fiesta had a bent door where someone tried to break in, so the snow came straight through on certain bends!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    As ever at times of ‘crisis’ - and this winter weather does for once fall into that category for some - we see genuine unsung heroism from members of the general public. So to all those NHS staff who have walked to work and slept on site, to the gritting crews, the business people stuck overnight on motorways and those supplying hot drinks to the stranded...thanks, you are a credit to yourselves and your country.
    To Boris Johnson, trying (and failing) to look heroic going for a body guard accompanied run in the snow wearing his ridiculous shorts and those who sanctioned a truck full of grit to Downing Street yesterday when there was approximately one millimetre of patchy snow cover...get a life and *** off.
    Once we leave the EU then we wont have all this nasty European weather, such as snow and heatwaves. Brexit cannot come too soon. Mind you post Brexit we wont have any NHS staff to walk heroically through the snow anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    Once we leave the EU then we wont have all this nasty European weather, such as snow and heatwaves. Brexit cannot come too soon. Mind you post Brexit we wont have any NHS staff to walk heroically through the snow anyway.
    All the African and Asian doctors will have to return to warmer Poland and Germany I suppose.

I suspect most of them qualify as British

Kudos to those who battled in to work in the NHS and other industries.

Kudos also to those who chose not to battle some nasty conditions and stay home. They ensured that there would be less accidents and all of the natural consequences of those accidents.

Better 30 minutes (or a day or whatever) late in this world than 40 years too soon in the next.

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    This is immediately what sprung to mind on seeing thread title:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93bAdEf0pzc

A long way back, I used to deliver for dominos pizza, and people were so ungrateful in these conditions, and had the audacity to complain that delivery was late. They even tried to claim that pizzas arrived cold (never the case if packed properly, they're transported on hot plates). Anything to try and get a reduced pizza. Bar stewards.

Didn't help that my Fiesta had a bent door where someone tried to break in, so the snow came straight through on certain bends!
    Really stupid ****ers.
    Why must they break down the door?
    Haven't they realised one could simply smash the Windows and grab the pizzas?

Anyway back to heroes and villains.
    In this thread I'm the hero and Tricky is the villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    Anyway back to heroes and villains.
    In this thread I'm the hero and Tricky is the villain.

Half right!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)