+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Promotion Party at The Lane

Another Promotion Party at The Lane

This time for Luton. It's becoming a bit of a theme in recent years following Pompey last season and Brighton a few years before that.

The thought of 4,500 insufferable Luton fans having a 90 minute party at our expense is not appealing in the slightest and I would think will probably knock a couple of thousand off the attendance as well.

To be honest I think the way Notts performed last Saturday might do that....Still on a positive note Hooters profits should be up and we might sell a few more hot dogs in the Sirrel...

I also remember the last time we played a team going up whilst we were confirmed in the play offs. We know what happened that season don’t we!

If it's the one I'm thinking about then no, I'd rather just forget it!

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    If it's the one I'm thinking about then no, I'd rather just forget it!
    It's good memories, we beat West Ham and then won the final v Brighton.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    It's good memories, we beat West Ham and then won the final v Brighton.
    Ah yes of course, but the West Ham game was away not at home wasn't it?

Ah yes of course, but the West Ham game was away not at home wasn't it?
    Yes, Upton Park, which has to be one of the most remarkable wins since I've been following Notts, denying them the title.

Before the 1990 play off final our last league game was home to Mansfield who'd finished 15th.
    Prior to the ill-fated 1996 final we played our last game away to Chesterfield, they just missed out on the play-offs.

Pre-Wembley finals, our last game of 1988 was away to Preston, so 1990 was the only time we finished with a home game before going into the play-offs, until this season.

Only once have we been at home in the semi-final 1st leg and that was the one occasion of the four that we didn't make the final.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Yes, Upton Park, which has to be one of the most remarkable wins since I've been following Notts, denying them the title.

Before the 1990 play off final our last league game was home to Mansfield who'd finished 15th.
    Prior to the ill-fated 1996 final we played our last game away to Chesterfield, they just missed out on the play-offs.

Pre-Wembley finals, our last game of 1988 was away to Preston, so 1990 was the only time we finished with a home game before going into the play-offs, until this season.

Only once have we been at home in the semi-final 1st leg and that was the one occasion of the four that we didn't make the final.
    The good old days when we could beat Mansfield and win the play off's all in a few games!!

The thought of 4,500 insufferable Luton fans having a 90 minute party at our expense is not appealing in the slightest and I would think will probably knock a couple of thousand off the attendance as well.
    Give them a chance. Who would deny them the opportunity to get out of Luton for a few hours.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by bohinen View Post
    give them a chance. Who would deny them the opportunity to get out of luton for a few hours.
    :d :d :d
    Last edited by ncfcog; 03-05-2018 at 08:40 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast