+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Match Day Post: The Mighty Blades v Swansea City

Match Day Post: The Mighty Blades v Swansea City

So finally the new season arrives, and what a cracking opening match in prospect. Live on TV as arguably it's one of the most attractive fixtures of the EFL opening weekend....

Swansea still have some talented players, but have seen a number leave, while obviously our recruitment has been steady and targeted. Perhaps just lacking another striker, which hopefully will be sorted in the coming week...

Anyway...

Any team news?

Of the new boys, surely Henderson, Egan and McGoldrick all start?

Duffy probably also with Woodburn likely stepping off the bench early second half?

Otherwise a fairly familar bunch make up the rest?

With Sharp likely to feature late on, whether necessary or not? (I fancy him to score )

At this stage of the season, no one really knows how things will go. Often first day matches do not actually give much indication of what may come, but hopefully we get off to a good start and I fancy a 2-1 Blades victory.

Enjoy the day folks....

Football is back

UTB

Difficult to call this. I am hoping that Swansea will take some time to adjust to this league and a new manager. I think our championship experience will just be enough 2-1 Blades. Great to have the new season back.

It's reassuring to see this post back on Bladesmad the wilderness months are over.

We can win this one - Swansea are beatable - 2-0 for me.

It's gonna be a difficult game this one

The Blades live on Sky at home first game of the season,with expectant fans,what could possibly go wrong.

I will say it now the referee Simpson is a t-w-a-t.

Quote Originally Posted by CHIPBUTTYBLADE View Post
    The Blades live on Sky at home first game of the season,with expectant fans,what could possibly go wrong.

I will say it now the referee Simpson is a t-w-a-t.
    they' re all t-w-a-t-s to you CBB forgot the Sky element - we need to put to bed the conceding late goals on the telly jinx from last year

2-1 win for Tufty's army.It'll be close mi thinks,i'm expectin to see a very good game today.UTCB

Bastism of fire for Swansea. Wilder will have them up for this, big crowd, Sky, can't see anything but a comfy home win.

Well that was poor

Cancelled each other out...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast