+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arise Sir Kenny Dalglish

Arise Sir Kenny Dalglish

Knighthoods are often given away far too freely these days but here's a man who I feel whole heartedly deserves the prestige bestowed upon him.

Former footballer and manager Kenny Dalglish has been knighted.

Sir Kenny received the honour from Prince Charles during a ceremony at Buckingham Palace.
    As a player, Sir Kenny helped Liverpool win three European Cups in seven years. He went on to successfully manage both Liverpool and Blackburn Rovers.

Sir Kenny supported the families of the victims of the Hillsborough disaster and he and his wife Marina have raised more than £10m for charity.

Kenny Dalglish's honour was for "services to football, charity, and the city of Liverpool".

One other thing, does anyone think that the remaining World Cup winners of 66 should be knighted?

As you'd probably expect, i don't agree with the honours system, but i wholeheartedly agree that Kenny Dalglish certainly deserves recognition for his services to humanity basically....

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    As you'd probably expect, i don't agree with the honours system, but i wholeheartedly agree that Kenny Dalglish certainly deserves recognition for his services to humanity basically....
    MMM what about the World Cup winners question?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    MMM what about the World Cup winners question?
    I don't really think people should get rewards such as this for doing their jobs, playing sports unless they're doing something amazing for their fellow human being, or for the environment etc.

Problem with these knight hoods is their given to old men. What we guns do if the French invade? We cant expect these olduns to fight for us

Paramedics , air ambulance , surgeons , doctors and a huge majority of the NHS can't even get a decent pay rise .

Mr Dalglish , good footballer , well paid , good manager well paid doing something he loved , showed a human side when surrounded by tragedy , who doesn't ?

Well done Kenny although you ain't anywhere near the NHS medical team who put two stents in my main artery two years ago and saved my life .

But well done anyway .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 17-11-2018 at 01:04 AM.

“Good footballer”. Blimey, you take some impressing.

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    “Good footballer”. Blimey, you take some impressing.

Correct, he was one of the best players I’ve ever seen in any era. With his back to goal he could turn and shoot before the defender moved.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Paramedics , air ambulance , surgeons , doctors and a huge majority of the NHS can't even get a decent pay rise .

Mr Dalglish , good footballer , well paid , good manager well paid doing something he loved , showed a human side when surrounded by tragedy , who doesn't ?

Well done Kenny although you ain't anywhere near the NHS medical team who put two stents in my main artery two years ago and saved my life .

But well done anyway .
    Bang on...kenny dalglish was one of the best footballers i ever saw, but thats it, a footballer...why do footballers get such awards ?..its a sport, a game..why do leaders and dictators get such awards for sending thousands of people to to their deaths when they themselves sit in a shelter dishing orders out?..could any footballer do brain or heart surgery ? I give in...

Ah, but maybe Kempo knows some surgeons who play football.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast