+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Team for Saturday

Team for Saturday

Bearing in mind the repetitive selections that have brought us to where we are, what brave and potentially interesting throws of the dice can we come up with for Saturday with basically bugger all to lose and everything to gain?

Fitz

Tootle Turley Bird Kellett

Patching Hewitt Crawford Thomas

Stead Dennis

Bench: Pindroch Kennedy-Wiliams Etete Vaughan Brisley Evina Husin

What about Hemmings?

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Bearing in mind the repetitive selections that have brought us to where we are, what brave and potentially interesting throws of the dice can we come up with for Saturday with basically bugger all to lose and everything to gain?

Fitz

Tootle Turley Bird Kellett

Patching Hewitt Crawford Thomas

Stead Dennis

Bench: Pindroch Kennedy-Wiliams Etete Vaughan Brisley Evina Husin
    I actually think that is a decent looking team Swale... I want to see Crawford get a run along with Kellett...I would play a dustbin instead of Jones, Milsom/Vaughan pairing should never ever happen again. Hewitt looks to be injured so who could actually play in midfield... gonna have to be one of the 2 stooges unless Husin gets another chance.

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    What about Hemmings?
    Looks to be injured... hope its not too bad, Hewitt also injured and seems to be a little worse.

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    What about Hemmings?
    I understand he was injured today

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    Looks to be injured... hope its not too bad, Hewitt also injured and seems to be a little worse.
    Ah yes I forgot about Hewitt's apparent injury. In that case maybe Vaughan to start in there with Crawford, although to be honest I'd rather see a youngster get a chance in the last game before the window opens. Could Crawford and Patching play in the middle two berths of a 4-4-2 effectively perhaps? If so, stick Husin on the right wing and pop Patch in the Hewitt spot.

To my way of thinking we've got bugger all to lose by giving someone their big break.

Ardley should play my dog in midfield... he will chase any ball and wont stop until he gets it.. doesn't care if he hurts anybody along the way

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    Ardley should play my dog in midfield... he will chase any ball and wont stop until he gets it.. doesn't care if he hurts anybody along the way

So maybe your dog and my dog in midfield (mine's black and white so won't even need a shirt dirtying), anyone got a greyhound or a whippet for wingbacks?

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    So maybe your dog and my dog in midfield (mine's black and white so won't even need a shirt dirtying), anyone got a greyhound or a whippet for wingbacks?
    Ha ha something funny on a miserable day

It’s logical we’re trying to avoid tying ourselves into a contract with Milsom but with Hewitt injured and Davies banned it couldn’t have come at a worse time. In all honesty whichever midfield combination we field with available personnel will probably be overpowered, but I agree I’d go with Crawford rather than repeat the Husin/Vaughan experiment which saw us trounced by Yeovil.

I’d start Duffy on the basis he does at least talk, something badly lacking today. And Kellett for me was the one positive today, he changed the game after coming on before being moved out wide in a bizarre substitution (almost as bizarre as no manager really using him all season).

Otherwise I don’t really see how he can change things to improve things, but then this is the last game before January...

Fitzsimons

Tootle Duffy Brisley Jones

Crawford Vaughan

Thomas Kellett Patching (Hemmings if for)

Stead

Subs: Pindroch; Turley; Oxlade Chamberlain; Milsom; Hawkridge; Dennis; Campbell.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast