Why haven't we bloodied more from our Development and other squads long before this?

If we weren't in such dire straights would O'Neill have gotten a chance?

We needed enthusiasm and a bit of pace. If we don't have it in our first team squad and haven't the money to spend what were we waiting for? Until we are second bottom of the Prem?

We "loaned" our Australian player, Aiden O’Neill, back to Australian club Central Coast Mariners in August.

And he scored a cracker against Perth Glory a few weeks back.

He is 20. He played a few cameo roles in the first team and was well liked by SD.

Why isn't he with us now? We could do with him.

I wonder if a Burnley "loan" is the usual euphemism for "goodbye".

You know you have to tread lightly with youth and not over-expose them but if they are good enough, age shouldn't be the barrier.

I'd rather lose knowing we had future options in our club than continue to play players and tactics that have long reached their use-by date.

I know Hart hasn't made mistakes but playing Tom or Pope was well overdue. If only for the confidence it brings to the defence and the captaincy that is clearly lacking on field.

I just feel we have persisted with the same old same old for far too long and we are now paying the price.

No-one will criticize "having a go" and making changes to arrest a seemingly bottomless fall.

Criticism rightly comes from doing nothing constructive and wasting so many games for no good reason at all.

Lets hope the penny has dropped.