+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Open Message To Fellow Posters And Reader's On This Board

Open Message To Fellow Posters And Reader's On This Board

Tomorrow is a massive game , I suspect every one of our remaining fixtures will be .

Once we are in the ground everyone is together and focused on the team winning , on that matter we are all together .

What's troubling me is that we are starting to get divided on how the club is operating , I don't know about you guys but I've personally had enough of this nonsense with brexit tearing the country apart .

Passions run high with our club , we all want it to do well and succeed , things get said on here in the heat of the moment because we all care about the club , if I've got a little OTT I sincerely apologise .

Let me make my position clear , I'm not against the club , I'm worried for it , worried that a bunch of foreign billionaires are going to leave a trail of destruction and it could harm us for years , it happens .

I don't like the lack of communication from the owners , they've held one press conference in nearly 14 months .

I don't like the way they bought OGC Nice and the way they are currently going about things there .

Our model is set up in such a way they could precisely use transfer fees to pay off the loans they could have obtained to buy the club , just as they did at Nice , it's wrong , simply that wrong .

Players getting sold isn't great at the best of times but sold to pay off loans to owners who could afford to buy 20 clubs between them is never reight .

I also feel we are losing control over our club , it feels more vulnerable to me , it was John Dennis's whole life and a big part of Cryne's so you felt more secure , I feel today we are just a company on a portfolio , an asset with no real feeling from the owners , there's no connection anymore and because there's no connection it feels the club is more vulnerable to me .

Three departures this month have not helped to distinguish my suspicions and I'm someone who was prepared to give them a chance , the CEO leaves too at the end of the month let's not forget .

A decent midfield player sold who offered something different , a midfield player sold to one of our promotion rivals , our assistant coach leaves for Huddersfield who came with the HC as a pair and the CEO to Nice next month .

It's hardly likely to fill me with confidence with the OGC Nice problems in the background .

I don't make this shyte up to knock the club , it comes to me with a life of its own .

I sincerely hope everything turns out for the best and we are as successful as we can be with these owners .

I'll leave it at that for now and hopefully we can kick on , not lose anymore players and ultimately win our place back in the championship at the end of the season .

A fair & reasonable post, Animal! I agree we should get behind our team. I hate Januarys nowadays - both the crazy speculation & the realities. I wanted us to keep the 3 that have gone but hope (not like a Happy Clappy) that we have enough to cover it - it’ll be interesting to see Green cos he looks skilful & like lightening!
    If he sell our spine (so, such as Pinnock, Lindsey, Dougall, Mowatt, MacGeehan, Woodrow, Thiam or Moore) in the next week, I think I’ll start to despair with what we’re trying to do! I thought we were told that long contracts were to give us stability, not up the asking price! We shall see!

You are too Polite Animal.
    Not many on this board, hold back their views. Usually views garnered with seasoned footy experience, Life experience amd BFC experience.
    Most on this board are seasoned, downtrodden fans who have been around for a fair long while. Seen it Bad, seen disaster coming, yet also seen and enjoyed success come, usually when we least expected it.
    I’d say that most on here expect some disaster coming soon soon.

So
    If a Poll were taken on this board as to the...
    confidence in
    1) No more sales before deadline Y/N.
    1) Promotion being achieved this season? Y/N?
    2) Motives of the Owners. Profit or Success? Profit/Success.
    3) Happy to Milk the money and stay in League one, don’t care about Progression as long as we reap the dividend of Transfer sales? Y/N
    4j Sell the club once the Aladdin’s lamp of buy cheap, sell dear begins to fail? Y/N?

I’d hazard. a guess that you’d see a true picture, from true fans of the way this club is run.

I can’t set this up as a sticky/Poll....... but if someone can, I’d be interested in the results...... but then again....maybe not....I think I already know them

We see a great PR exercise from the Media team , but only one side...... nothing meaty to the fans.... just “yes, we want success” but then silence....... Bit like a Chinese Party Political Broadcast...
    We doing well..... Don’t ask, Don’t even ask.... Just keep contributing!. You are part of the team.... but dont expect to have a say, or know the plan!
    Last edited by Jules88; 26-01-2019 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by anstonred View Post
    A fair & reasonable post, Animal! I agree we should get behind our team. I hate Januarys nowadays - both the crazy speculation & the realities. I wanted us to keep the 3 that have gone but hope (not like a Happy Clappy) that we have enough to cover it - it’ll be interesting to see Green cos he looks skilful & like lightening!
    If he sell our spine (so, such as Pinnock, Lindsey, Dougall, Mowatt, MacGeehan, Woodrow, Thiam or Moore) in the next week, I think I’ll start to despair with what we’re trying to do! I thought we were told that long contracts were to give us stability, not up the asking price! We shall see!
    Anston , I was amazed at Joe's take on the feelings with the club on social media platforns on tonights Red All Over Show .

He seemed to be laughing at it , I know he's a young kid with a job to keep but you know much of what is said on these platforms contains reasonable points .

Seemed a little unbalanced to me , the show would be better if the alternative view got a chance to speak , there are a significant number who aren't as happy with the situation as he seems to be and he doesn't speak for a significant majority , not by a long way .

Let's all relax ( if possible ) we've always known we sell and buy , some of us ? May think we can't go no further ? I'm thinking that way too , it's taken me from first going 1956 to now realise , what is now on show is probably the best we can achieve , loved the highs and lows , stuck by them throughout , whether it's age or not ? I'm fast losing patience right now , spent a lifetime following the team , and it's maybe time to pack in , Family First from now on ? , but it's in my blood , like many more , we are soft touches and will probably renew our ST , borderline just now for me , waiting to see what may happen this January , that will be a big clue ,
    Last edited by Romared; 26-01-2019 at 12:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Let's all relax ( if possible ) we've always known we sell and buy , some of us ? May think we can't go no further ? I'm thinking that way too , it's taken me from first going 1956 to now realise , what is now on show is probably the best we can achieve , loved the highs and lows , stuck by them throughout , whether it's age or not ? I'm fast losing patience right now , spent a lifetime following the team , and it's maybe time to pack in , Family First from now on ? , but it's in my blood , like many more , we are soft touches and will probably renew our ST , borderline just now for me , waiting to see what may happen this January , that will be a big clue ,
    I still get the buzz on match day , a few pints in the pub and the walk towards the ground .

All reds together , our town our team , it's the last man standing in todays world when we are all together as one .

However I won't be mugged off and I will walk away if these people are at our club for their own personal gain .

I will not put one penny in their bank accounts on a mandate that prospers them personally and not the club .

If push came to shove there's nothing to stop us just following the club at away games only or the development matches .

We can make our point without cutting ourselves off altogether .

Article about the current situation at OGC Nice .

Seems Goathair has already got just short of two legs in the Nice camp .

Worrying if the article is factual .

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.co...lub-in-crisis/

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I still get the buzz on match day , a few pints in the pub and the walk towards the ground .

All reds together , our town our team , it's the last man standing in todays world when we are all together as one .

However I won't be mugged off and I will walk away if these people are at our club for their own personal gain .

I will not put one penny in their bank accounts on a mandate that prospers them personally and not the club .

If push came to shove there's nothing to stop us just following the club at away games only or the development matches .

We can make our point without cutting ourselves off altogether .

Looks to me like at least one prominent poster has already started that process by a new found love of attending some away games
    Burnley Luton Wimbledon & threatening to not renew his ST Attending development matches being a well established practice
    Your plan is not new

they own the club
    the profits they get belong to them to spend how they see fit
    they said at the start when they bought the club that the model was not going to change buy young players and sell them on for a profit.
    they said the aim was for the club to be self sufficient theve only been here 2 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Looks to me like at least one prominent poster has already started that process by a new found love of attending some away games
    Burnley Luton Wimbledon & threatening to not renew his ST Attending development matches being a well established practice
    Your plan is not new
    going to away games is getting harder theres more and more every season ive noticed this season a big increase and those regulars that go every single away match are getting a bit peeved mainly with the standing brigade.
    When the away end gets full it becomes a problem for the 60 70 and 80 year olds they love the banter but after 30 mins of constant standing they need and have to sit.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast