+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ML or Colwick ?

ML or Colwick ?

Would you be happy for Notts to move from Meadow Lane,if as per speculation the Gadsby group took us over & wanted to move to this development in Colwick?
    Personally don't know how I would feel.Times change & you have to move on.Whats your views if this was put forward?

Indeed! Think Irish is getting ahead of himself there.

However, since he asked - anything that helps to scure the long term future and make the Club sustainable in an ever increasingly difficult environment would be fine with me.

Edit: What happened to Dunce's post?
    Last edited by Pies4u; 03-03-2019 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pies4u View Post

However, since he asked - anything that helps to scure the long term future and make the Club sustainable in an ever increasingly difficult environment would be fine with me.

Many a team have moved stadium in recent years.

Meadow Lane is hardly a lucky omen for us

Quote Originally Posted by Pies4u View Post

Not really.a few have posted links on Gadsby & the develpment he is involved with at colwick & what it involves.so, just putting the feelers out on peeps views if this was to become a possibility

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    Many a team have moved stadium in recent years.

Meadow Lane is hardly a lucky omen for us
    Was my thinking as well regarding lucky omen

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Not really.a few have posted links on Gadsby & the develpment he is involved with at colwick & what it involves.so, just putting the feelers out on peeps views if this was to become a possibility
    I also don't think it it's the end of the world if we drop out the league whilst moving into a new stadium.

Start the whole flipping thing again and do it the right way, living within our means. Like Luton

It's obviously just speculation at this point but whereabouts are we talking? Is it bottom end of Sneinton (where there's been a lot of redevelopment work in recent years) or more up towards Netherfield?

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    I also don't think it it's the end of the world if we drop out the league whilst moving into a new stadium.

Start the whole flipping thing again and do it the right way, living within our means. Like Luton
    But do Luton? They spent big last season

It's a tough one. I've joked many times that ML is cursed, but I'd be loathed to move from it. I just can't imagine going to a Notts game anywhere else. Also depends on what the new stadium would be like. No point downgrading to a 10k one really, but there's no way they'd build one the same size as ML - whoever they are.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    It's a tough one. I've joked many times that ML is cursed, but I'd be loathed to move from it. I just can't imagine going to a Notts game anywhere else. Also depends on what the new stadium would be like. No point downgrading to a 10k one really, but there's no way they'd build one the same size as ML - whoever they are.
    ML was meant to be cursed

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast