+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Ecstacy and the Agony

The Ecstacy and the Agony

Meadow Lane was buzzing when we went in front and the news came through from Northampton. When the news filtered through from Vale Park the whole atmosphere went flat. Ar well , we live in hope. CMS easily MOTM. Apart from Tootle and Hemmings I thought they all played well. Grime-be offered nothing and their goal was totally undeserved. Thought the Ref had a good game and it was refreshing to see a Linesman make a decision. Anyway, we will be at Swindon next week.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Meadow Lane was buzzing when we went in front and the news came through from Northampton. When the news filtered through from Vale Park the whole atmosphere went flat. Ar well , we live in hope. CMS easily MOTM. Apart from Tootle and Hemmings I thought they all played well. Grime-be offered nothing and their goal was totally undeserved. Thought the Ref had a good game and it was refreshing to see a Linesman make a decision. Anyway, we will be at Swindon next week.
    I agree CMS was awsome today plus Stubbs and Rose were also very good.
    Special mention for Brisley who after a shaky first 15 mins settled and did ok to say he hadn't played since January.

Cambridge beat Bury away from home only a few weeks ago 3-0... there is still hope

Why the **** have the players not tried like that in all of the last 10 or so games?

I'm really angry. Too little, too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post
    Why the **** have the players not tried like that in all of the last 10 or so games?

I'm really angry. Too little, too late.
    So many seem to think this, that we've just started trying. DO you really think we've not been trying week in week out?

If you want to see a team not trying turn your attention to Grimsby today. They weren't bothered, they made us look good.

Quote Originally Posted by pielover View Post
    So many seem to think this, that we've just started trying. DO you really think we've not been trying week in week out?

If you want to see a team not trying turn your attention to Grimsby today. They weren't bothered, they made us look good.
    I have said many times we put in the effort but we are clearly lacking in quality and skill.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    I have said many times we put in the effort but we are clearly lacking in quality and skill.
    I disagree. I don't think it's one or the other I think it's a combination of the two. Compare CMS with Tootle today - CMS never stopped and never let any Grimsby player have an easy ride, whereas Tootle barely got out of 2nd gear and looked like he was just going through the motions.

Too many games where we've been carrying players who frankly haven't put in the effort. You can occasionally get away with carrying 1 player, but not 3 or 4.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Great post
    The win almost feels irrelevant after Macc won but we have a slim chance.
    We are probably relegation bound as we haven't been good enough all season.
    What really irks me is that very poor sides like Grimsby, Cambridge, Port Vale etc are all staying up but the league never lies.

I hope we have another good turn out at Swindon despite probably knowing our fate.
    I was only going to see the last away league game for at least a season and vent my anger at the team, but, having thought about it, I am going for a few beers and to see Notts.
    I refuse to be the angry/upset bloke in tears that you always see.
    Well, famous last words.....

Let's hope these new owners are real and have serious funds.

We will be be back.

At Christmas I would have taken being still in with a chance at the last game - COYP

I think people are being a bit down. Much stranger things have happened than Macc losing and us winning next week.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast