+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Disappointing departure

Disappointing departure

Chris Cadden made his first appearance for Oxford yesterday. His route to them via the MLS seemed underhand and taints his excellent relationship with the club and fans.

Still, he's entitled to seek out the deal that suits him best. Good luck to him.

We've taken advantage of loopholes in the past so no complaints from me...daft system though.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    We've taken advantage of loopholes in the past so no complaints from me...daft system though.
    I believe he's now classed as 'Not one of our own! Something sleekit about the move IMO. Don't wish him ill, but he has tainted the time he shared with us at FP.

Who ?

Chris Porter for one (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...ll/6255512.stm) and I have a vague feeling we did something similar with another English player too.

VfL Mödling also kicked up a stink when we took Reusch and Dorner in the 1990s although I've long forgotten why.

Chris Porter for one (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...ll/6255512.stm) and I have a vague feeling we did something similar with another English player too.VfL Mödling also kicked up a stink when we took Reusch and Dorner in the 1990s although I've long forgotten why.
    Not quite the same. We played by the rules that were and still are in place. It was a straight move. In this case it looks as though the parties concerned are trying to circumvent the rules. Something a bit sneaky and underhand going on perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Wellup4it View Post
    Not quite the same. We played by the rules that were and still are in place. It was a straight move. In this case it looks as though the parties concerned are trying to circumvent the rules. Something a bit sneaky and underhand going on perhaps?
    Oxford, Columbus and Cadden have all played by the rules in place though just as we did with Porter. They're maybe trying to circumvent paying compensation but only because the rules allow them to do it.

Oxford, Columbus and Cadden have all played by the rules in place though just as we did with Porter. They're maybe trying to circumvent paying compensation but only because the rules allow them to do it.
    Could we not get Gareth Bale to Fir Park using the same method ?

Quote Originally Posted by dasdeid View Post
    Could we not get Gareth Bale to Fir Park using the same method ?
    He wouldn’t get a game in our team at present ������������

Quote Originally Posted by texaco cup View Post
    He wouldn’t get a game in our team at present ������������
    The thing with loopholes like this is once its been taken advantage of and noticed other examples will follow.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)