+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Our front 3

Our front 3

What do we do...stick with them?

Either Almiron and Saint Maximin need to swap wings or we need some sort of formation where Almiron is just behind Joelinton. Or do we drop Almiron and push Joelinton wide (he was a wide forward at Hoffenheim) and put Gayle or Carroll up top?

Whatever we do, I can't help feeling pretty disappointed with their combined showing so far, especially Joelinton and Almiron although, to be fair, they're both being played out of position.

Thoughts?

I think both could come good still.

I think that as soon as Miggy scores he'll go on a purple patch - he's trying to so hard now, he's missing the easier to score chances (yes not great for us).

He's to injured really but it would be interesting to see Carroll up top with Joelinton off him like he did at Hoffenheim, with ASM on other side.

Yes, i'd agree they have been disappointing so far but i do think there is a lot of mitigating circumstances.

Yeah, agree with all of that, Jammy.

I'm with you...I still think they could come good.

...probably not under Bruce, though.

Sod all chance under Bruce.

I think we should drop Joelinton back to play inside forward.

Gayle/Carroll

Joelinton Almiron the Saint

Of course this also means switching to a back four...and I'm well aware that neither Carroll or Gayle are good enough to lead the line even when fit....But what we are doing currently isn't working...

Quote Originally Posted by usedtobeshearer View Post
    I think we should drop Joelinton back to play inside forward.

Gayle/Carroll

Joelinton Almiron the Saint

Of course this also means switching to a back four...and I'm well aware that neither Carroll or Gayle are good enough to lead the line even when fit....But what we are doing currently isn't working...
    Nothing will work, even with better players until we have a manager who understands tactics and can play the opposing manager off the board in a chess game.

It's a game of tactics as much as it's a game of skill.

And of course the three stooges, Fatty, the tea boy and Brucieboy haven't got a clue between them.

I don’t think any player ever went on the pitch under Rafa and didn’t know where he was supposed to be playing. I don’t think any player ever came up to the manager on the touchline and questioned the managers tactics

It’s all happened under Bruce so far.

We need to change it quickly
    10 games have gone now
    We are talking about premier League survival here !

I don't see any need for any panic as of yet.
    We are not cast adrift by any means even while we're going through this transitional period and obvious goal scarcity.

If Bruce can get this right we can easily hold our own with this squad.
    If he doesn't get it right and we get a lot of injuries or whatever, then he could easily fail.

However I'll back him all the way because I'd rather he had a chance than a 5 minute effort.

Quote Originally Posted by toonfalifekevbrown View Post
    We need to change it quickly
    10 games have gone now
    We are talking about premier League survival here !
    Rafa left him with a team in 5th position formwise over the last 16 games

Ashley has bought Bruce a wealth of talent after losing Rondon and Perez but under Bruce this side can’t score goals. No goals means certain relegation

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)