+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Avoid competitive Football - Fifa doctor

Avoid competitive Football - Fifa doctor

With leagues around Europe abandoning thier seasons, Fifa's medial committee is against competitive games this season. - External Link

Wow. They are on the ball. Can't get my breath

He’s obviously allowed to say that now he knows Europe is abandoning games 😏

Yes it is a big risk if we start playing and a second peak is started, who takes the blame then? Have they ask themselves that question?

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    He’s obviously allowed to say that now he knows Europe is abandoning games ��

Yes it is a big risk if we start playing and a second peak is started, who takes the blame then? Have they ask themselves that question?
    From what I can see, the 2nd wave is pretty much inevitable, unless lockdown continues for a couple of years at least. We've seen the damage that just one or two people bringing the disease into the country can do. I don't see how Covid can be any different to every other virus outbreak before that one. The issue is can we get fully prepared with test and trace capabilities right at the very start to go with the inevitable second lockdown as soon as it appears and have a well martialled responce from authorities and public to minimise the impact? Unless of course we get lucky with antidote tests and invest in a quick and widely available cure, but I think this will be more long term. If I was in the FA I'd be looking at investing in the tech to play behind closed doors with fans investing in paying for online games for next season to keep revenue flowing.

If we did have to play games behind closed doors long term, then every game needs to be made available for everyone to watch.
    One to fund this would be to carry on with season tickets but at a reduced price, this would entitle you to watch the games for 'free".

There would be no pushing and shoving for the pies at half time if it were all streamed

Would you enjoy it as much watching your own team being streamed live instead of being allowed to attend as normal?

Would we see a decline as some fans wouldn't want to watch it on live TV?

Would the drop in revenue, because fans didn't want to pay for a season ticket this way, be that bad that some clubs actually fold?

Would football be a take it or leave it sport and simply allow people to drift off and walk away from it forever?

Simon Jordan said on Talksport that he thinks there are too many dangers to playing behind closed doors, not least of which is that the football authorities or individual clubs could be charged with corporate manslaughter if anyone involved in a game subsequently died as a result of contracting Covid-19.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Simon Jordan said on Talksport that he thinks there are too many dangers to playing behind closed doors, not least of which is that the football authorities or individual clubs could be charged with corporate manslaughter if anyone involved in a game subsequently died as a result of contracting Covid-19.
    Well said Simon Jordan. Thing is though Mellow, the money men who run the Prem won't be bothered or won't have thought of it on that level.

On another point, do you think that those that run the Prem are being pressured by clubs/Chairmen who may have to pay revenue back for not completing viewing contracts etc? Hence the necessity to actually complete all fixtures.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Well said Simon Jordan. Thing is though Mellow, the money men who run the Prem won't be bothered or won't have thought of it on that level.

On another point, do you think that those that run the Prem are being pressured by clubs/Chairmen who may have to pay revenue back for not completing viewing contracts etc? Hence the necessity to actually complete all fixtures.
    Yes I think they probably are Brin. There is already a precedent in France where their equivalent to Sky have withheld a €150 million instalment because the clubs are not able to provide the product they are being paid for. Interestingly the French leagues have been cancelled today.

Health or wealth?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast