+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff City Stadium, Being Used for Private Covid-19 Screening.

Cardiff City Stadium, Being Used for Private Covid-19 Screening.

Cardiff City Stadium, becomes the first venue for private covid-19 screening, in Wales.
    Covid-19 screening services, from a firm called Express Test, & will be offered at Cardiff City Stadium, for £80 per person, for international travellers, with next day result available.
    Express Test ( A division of Cignpost Diagnostics Ltd ), has today announced the opening of a private drive through, screening service in partnership with Cardiff City Football Club, the site is first of it's kind in Wales.
    A discounted rate of £80 per person for travel passengers, & £99 per person for the test only service, results will be e-mailed or texted to customers, travel passengers who have booked fit to fly service, & screen negative results, will be e-mailed a fit to fly certificate, that is authorised by a doctor, along with the test result.
    Express Test clients include Netflix, B.B.C. & P.G.A. European tour.

Tui offer a covid-19 test, having 2 different price ranges from 2 different companies, which I was offered for our now this year cancelled holiday, but I would have had to have a covid-19 test in the country I was on holiday in, a few days before return to UK, again at a cost.
    Then on top if the Country went on the list for having to quarantine in a UK hotel for 7 days, it would be a costly exercise.

Avoid leaving the UK at the moment unless you have to. Getting back is a pain.

On returning you have to pay for 3 covid tests (1 before flying, and PCR test 2 and 8 days after landing the latter two a £210 package) and do 10 days in quarantine. I'll be flying back later this month.

If you have to quarantine in a hotel from a red list country its 14 days I believe and costs over £1500. An option is flying to another country in the EU and do a cheaper/less restricted version there for 2 weeks, but then you still need to do all the covid tests and quarantine when you get back to the UK. I think flying back via Ireland is a loophole that people are using to avoid this though.

Travel is just a royal pain at the moment and will continue to be for a while. People should be wary booking anything this year.

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    Avoid leaving the UK at the moment unless you have to. Getting back is a pain.

On returning you have to pay for 3 covid tests (1 before flying, and PCR test 2 and 8 days after landing the latter two a £210 package) and do 10 days in quarantine. I'll be flying back later this month.

If you have to quarantine in a hotel from a red list country its 14 days I believe and costs over £1500. An option is flying to another country in the EU and do a cheaper/less restricted version there for 2 weeks, but then you still need to do all the covid tests and quarantine when you get back to the UK. I think flying back via Ireland is a loophole that people are using to avoid this though.

Travel is just a royal pain at the moment and will continue to be for a while. People should be wary booking anything this year.
    Where in Spain have you been John

Also, I think you are correct at the moment we should avoid flying and leave it to the elite only