+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Raducanu

Raducanu

What a player she is. 1-3 down in the first set. Wins the set 6-3 in the US open. Considering neither of the players had dropped a set this tournament this is a big mental advantage. This Girl never worries about the score. Great mentality. Future number 1, and maybe not too far away judging by the speed of her progress.

Great win for someone so young and inexperienced. Managed to watch it on hesgoal.com as I'm too tight to pay for it on Amazon Prime!

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    Great win for someone so young and inexperienced. Managed to watch it on hesgoal.com as I'm too tight to pay for it on Amazon Prime!
    Glad you did Tip. Mentality is everything especially in a one to one. Tennis has to be one of the highest pressure games going. Glad we have a manager who is finally addressing mentality.

Check back on my post from Wimbledon time.......I told you all, this girl is the real deal.

I think the fact that she is also academically incredibly bright is a real help to her mindset, if she doesn’t make it at tennis she’ll just go and be brilliant in some other field so the mental pressure is maybe less than it is for others.

It may well just be that she’s absolutely awesome and the women’s equivalent of Federer, she may be untouchable for a period when she reaches her peak.

He personality appeals to me as much as anything, I think she’s going to be a famous name for the rest of her life well after she finishes with tennis.

I can see her moving into TV presentation etc in her 30’s and being the “Sue Barker” of the 2040-2070 era.

She’s immensely likeable and at the risk of sounding like an old pervert, I think I’d be laying roses at her door if I was 18 years old again.

Some wonderful shots in today’s win by Emma in red.

https://youtu.be/7yTu0EsfGKY

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Some wonderful shots in today’s win by Emma in red.

https://youtu.be/7yTu0EsfGKY

Great win from a lovely lovely girl with feet on the ground. Hope she goes on to win it and tennis gets more coverage.

Well impressed!

A lot of us noticed Mick you couldn’t fail to. I remember seeing Federer lose at Wimbledon at 16 and I said he would be a world champ back then. You can just tell.
    Just hope the British press leave her alone and don’t start heaping up the pressure so that they can hammer her if anything goes wrong.

Another player who has come from the revised systematic changes in LTA training is Katie Boulter. Another top player.

Well she's in the Final now and its no surprise really but I am seriously worried of the impact of such a quick rise to fame. She will have to be cared for very well to prevent a reaction from all the increasing attention plus realisation of where she actually is. Terrific player.

Apparently final is on Channel 4 tonight at 9 p.m.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)