+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Down fighting..

Down fighting..

Spirited performance today that possibly merited a win. When we do go down, at least Wullie will have sent out teams that are at least "giving one" if todays game is anything to go by. 'Mon the South!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bagapapa View Post
    Spirited performance today that possibly merited a win. When we do go down, at least Wullie will have sent out teams that are at least "giving one" if todays game is anything to go by. 'Mon the South!!!
    Eleven games to go and 3points to fight for. If we play like today then there is a good chance of avoiding the drop. A great improvement today against the league leaders who will feel fortunate to get away with a point today. Far more solid in defence from the off today and every player gave their all for the club so cannot ask for any more.

Wished Queens had gotten rid of AJ a few months back. Promising performance against the league leaders. Could well have sneaked a win at the end. Should be a good game at Ayr next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    Wished Queens had gotten rid of AJ a few months back. Promising performance against the league leaders. Could well have sneaked a win at the end. Should be a good game at Ayr next weekend.
    Armchair loyal again ?

Sneaked a win? Albertz did you watch the same match as I did?

Arbroath sneaked a point that they didn't deserve, and could and should have gone back up the road having suffered a 2- or 3 nil defeat.

Well done to Willie, and every player in a blue jersey today. That's at least the 6th match this season that Queens could and should have won comfortably.

Having said that, - you don't get extra points for hitting the bar, - or having the ball cleared off the line and we must be more cut throat when we have clear cut chances.

A lot of promise today and a huge well done to all the players.

Well done Willie. Vast improvement.
    Keep it going like today and we're far from down and out.

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    Armchair loyal again ?
    Yeah only because I work every Saturday and couldn't get to Dumfries for kick off. I will be at Ayr next weekend though, as I work 11 miles from Ayr and should be finished work in time.

A solid performance and a really important point to get us going. Players seemed to be working for each other but just didn't have that finish in us. It will come! Mon the South!

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Sneaked a win? Albertz did you watch the same match as I did?

Arbroath sneaked a point that they didn't deserve, and could and should have gone back up the road having suffered a 2- or 3 nil defeat.

Well done to Willie, and every player in a blue jersey today. That's at least the 6th match this season that Queens could and should have won comfortably.

Having said that, - you don't get extra points for hitting the bar, - or having the ball cleared off the line and we must be more cut throat when we have clear cut chances.

A lot of promise today and a huge well done to all the players.
    I watched the full game....
    I agree with your comments and Queens had the majority of the chances and should have been more clinical especially in the final quarter of the match.

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    Well done Willie. Vast improvement.
    Keep it going like today and we're far from down and out.
    What a difference from the rubbish the Johnston teams served up and good luck to Doonhamers Wullie Gibson and Vicky Wright on her curling Olympic Gold medal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)