+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ex-Miller Steve Thomson - Appointed " Head of Recruitment " at Oldham Athletic.

Ex-Miller Steve Thomson - Appointed " Head of Recruitment " at Oldham Athletic.

Ex-Miller Steve Thomson as been appointed Head of Recruitment, at Oldham Athletic.
    Thomson as been out of work since January 2022, since he left Preston North End,
    after PNE appointed Ryan Lowe as manager in December 2021.

What job did he have at pne

Thomson worked alongside Simon Grayson as a coach, who was Blackpool manager,
    Thomson joined Grayson again, when Grayson became PNE manager, Grayson left
    PNE, but Thomson stayed at the club, working alongside manager Alex Neil.

Not wanting to disparage Oldham as for many years they were a 'bigger' club than us but looking at their current league position and financial situation if it were me I wouldn't consider this to be a job I'd put high up on my CV. Maybe just above my time as McD head 'flipper' but below pig sty lead shoveller and gentleman's outfitter inside leg measurer

ELK Didn't he coach Blackpool into the Premier lge when Holloway got all the credit ? Massively underrated coach who i'm told did a poor interview when applying for the manager's job down here. Better passer of the ball than Barlaser i am told so must have been good when he played for us !

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    ELK Didn't he coach Blackpool into the Premier lge when Holloway got all the credit ? Massively underrated coach who i'm told did a poor interview when applying for the manager's job down here. Better passer of the ball than Barlaser i am told so must have been good when he played for us !
    Yes a good passer of the ball, he made a perfect partner for Kevin Watson in midfield

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    I don't know about the Holloway question Timbertop, but he was a good player.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    I don't know about the Holloway question Timbertop, but he was a good player.
    I think he ran their academy

Slightly off topic but, can anyone remember a player, I thought he was a Thompson that played a few times back in the mid 70’s
    I think he was a winger, had a lot of pace, think he was also an England schoolboy international?

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Not wanting to disparage Oldham as for many years they were a 'bigger' club than us but looking at their current league position and financial situation if it were me I wouldn't consider this to be a job I'd put high up on my CV. Maybe just above my time as McD head 'flipper' but below pig sty lead shoveller and gentleman's outfitter inside leg measurer
    I find that a bit of a strange thing to say regarding putting it on CV.

It’s clear in today’s game that being head of recruitment is a crucial post especially for teams with financial problems .

If he does well and in turn Oldham do well then it would be a great addition to his achievements.

Rob Scott would be lucky to get another chance in management but he’d be well sort after as a head of recruitment.

For him his management experience shouldn’t be on his CV but it’s a status being a boss.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast