+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elon Musk.

Elon Musk.

I watched “The Elon Musk Show” documentary yesterday on BBC.

From my own perspective I think this bloke is the most fascinating human being alive today.

It’s now really interesting to watch the footage of him from 27 years ago in 1995 when he was around 23-24 years of age.

From starting and selling ZIP2 and then PayPal and then taking over and developing Tesla and forming SPACEX is just an astonishing body of work for someone of 51.

To outdo NASA, Russia and China in the design of space rockets and to reduce the cost per mission by 90% and creating the first rockets capable of re landing back on Earth is staggering for a one man visionary.

Without question it will be he who gets us to Mars and beyond by 2030, I hope I live to see it happen.

It’s amazing how many people can barely string a sentence together and find the energy to get off the sofa to go and collect their dole money whilst the odd and very unique person like Musk crams all of this stuff into his life.

Right up there in terms of the top ten geniuses ever to have drawn breath for my money.

A very interesting watch on the BBC.

I’m going to give that a watch Mick, hadn’t realised the BBC had done this programme.

I actually wanted to post something about Musk’s takeover of Twitter and all of the news outlets not liking it. It’s so obvious what they’re all doing and not sure if you have noticed the negativity towards him. There’s this hidden campaign against him because he’s reviewing the twitter guidelines to bring back or reinstate free speech. Which I think is needed. But all the wokies are threatening to leave, including some companies too.
    On a side note what annoys me is that these companies are thinking about pulling ads now because of some apparent wave of trolls (because of free speech) will be coming back on. Yet these companies never boycotted the platform when Twitter was a vehicle for extremist content of jihadis and racists. Does make you wonder when they do all this virtue signalling bob hulox.
    Anyway, the twitter code or algorithm is the problem and i’m sure the Tesla engineers being brought in will no doubt sort it out.

Back to initial thread, I think Musk is a fascinating individual for what he’s achieved. He’ll also say what he like, even if he’s wrong. With 350m daily users.. I hope he sticks the fingers up at the established media outlets. Anyway, I don’t own a tesla but that futuristic car ‘the pick up truck’ is one that interests me. If the time is right (when it comes to the market) that’s what i’d go for. It’s not cheap but I absolutely love the style of this car.
    Last edited by regis80; 06-11-2022 at 08:11 AM.

I sincerely hope his latest venture crashes and burns and he's £44bn out of pocket .

Deleted my account on Friday , hideous individual .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I sincerely hope his latest venture crashes and burns and he's £44bn out of pocket .

He's my wife's pet hate. A ******* of a man, but most successful people are.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

It won’t and he won’t be.

Brilliantly successful man..... and from someone who is on the outside looking in someone who appears to be something of an egotistical megalomaniac.

Just in case Elon has an algorithm to seek out criticism and slander I am not asserting he's either of course 😉 .

Was the brilliant success driven by the supposed latter traits or are the traits a result of the brilliant success? I honestly don't have the faintest idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Brilliantly successful man..... and from someone who is on the outside looking in someone who appears to be something of an egotistical megalomaniac.

Just in case Elon has an algorithm to seek out criticism and slander I am not asserting he's either of course 😉 .

Was the brilliant success driven by the supposed latter traits or are the traits a result of the brilliant success? I honestly don't have the faintest idea.
    I believe he has Aspergers which makes him seem strange and awkward but of course, people with this trait and autism are often quite brilliant in certain aspects.

When you look at the scale of his SPACEX operation and you see the size and complexity of those rocket engines and the quality of what he’s building its staggering.

He and his vision has created more advanced hardware and software than the greatest powerhouse countries in the World.

The other thing I like about him is the way he doesn’t mess around with business.

He quickly identifies what needs to be done and he does it, such as with Twitter.

It’s making large losses and he believes it to be badly run so he sacks all of the existing board and dumps 50% of the staff who he believes are not required.

He changes the rules and increases the charge to have a verified account and if you don’t like it you can F off!

It’s not like he tries to be liked, he’s like all people with Aspergers/autism in that things are “black and white” and there’s no shades of grey.

And.......for a socially awkward, unattractive and fairly rotund bloke he’s boned his fair share of nubile women!

Sounds like he has the making of a Bond villain. Speaking of which have you seen Kingsman 2? The villain is played by Samuel Leroy Jackson, presumably to avoid a lawsuit 😊 .

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I watched “The Elon Musk Show” documentary yesterday on BBC.

From my own perspective I think this bloke is the most fascinating human being alive today.

It’s now really interesting to watch the footage of him from 27 years ago in 1995 when he was around 23-24 years of age.

From starting and selling ZIP2 and then PayPal and then taking over and developing Tesla and forming SPACEX is just an astonishing body of work for someone of 51.

To outdo NASA, Russia and China in the design of space rockets and to reduce the cost per mission by 90% and creating the first rockets capable of re landing back on Earth is staggering for a one man visionary.

Without question it will be he who gets us to Mars and beyond by 2030, I hope I live to see it happen.

It’s amazing how many people can barely string a sentence together and find the energy to get off the sofa to go and collect their dole money whilst the odd and very unique person like Musk crams all of this stuff into his life.

Right up there in terms of the top ten geniuses ever to have drawn breath for my money.

A very interesting watch on the BBC.
    He's a ego maniac c???.

I thought Theal was behind PayPal, but I am probably wrong.

However, his treatment of workers at twitter is a disgrace and he tried to back out of the deal to buy twitter until he knew he was fkd by legal action if he didn't go through with it.

However, that treatment is surpassed by him calling that British underground cave rescue guy real hero who had the balls to tell him not to interfere when they were trying to rescue those stuck down below.

His response was to call him a "peado guy" because he objected to him turning a rescue mission into the Elon musk peddle my wares show.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    He's a ego maniac c???.

I thought Theal was behind PayPal, but I am probably wrong.

However, his treatment of workers at twitter is a disgrace and he tried to back out of the deal to buy twitter until he knew he was fkd by legal action if he didn't go through with it.

However, that treatment is surpassed by him calling that British underground cave rescue guy real hero who had the balls to tell him not to interfere when they were trying to rescue those stuck down below.

His response was to call him a "peado guy" because he objected to him turning a rescue mission into the Elon musk peddle my wares show.
    I agree, he’s an ego maniac but he’s also a genius.

You’re also right about his treatment of the cave diver, completely out of order.

The fact is that Twitter has been making massive losses and was badly managed and vastly over staffed and as owner he’s within his rights to do whatever he wishes as long as it’s lawful.

If I’d been working at Twitter and I’d known for a year that Musk was taking over I’d have been looking for another job, it was obvious 40% plus we’re going to get binned.

Similar happened to me back in 84 when Hepworth Menswear was changing to become NEXT.

We all had to re apply for our jobs, even though I’d been there for six years.

I really disliked the lot that were to become our new bosses and so in the six months before the changeover I went job hunting and even though NEXT wanted to keep me I had great pleasure in telling them to f u c k off whilst pocketing £3300 in redundancy money and taking a much better job!

NEXT taking over turned out to be the catalyst that got me moving in life and I suspect it will for many of those Twitter employees.

Unless that is, that they were sat around on bran bags all day dreaming up Woke nonsense scenes etc.

I get your point BB, he’s an ego maniac with a god complex and not an easy character to warm to.

Just imagine him as Albion owner though!😏

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)