+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Are we a televised game on Friday?

Are we a televised game on Friday?

Apologies for asking but I may have missed a thread explaining why we are a 13.00pm kick off.

I can see Millwall before us (12.30pm), Sunderland (17.30) and Boro (20.00) being the only other arranged games. All the rest are 15.00 kick offs so why are we kicking off at 13.00pm?

Not according to the listings I’ve seen
    Why 1pm?
    Maybe Frank Skinner has a gig that evening and needs to be somewhere

Might be on a police request to stagger the Sufc game. Perhaps avoiding a lot of wba fans in Sheffield train station when others are there
    Last edited by flourbasher; 05-04-2023 at 08:51 AM.

Not on TV, maybe it was police advice?
    Sheff Utd are at home to Wigan at 3pm

Think sheff u are at home. So maybe police advice 😉

To cover the replies, we’ve played many a game at home and kicked off at 3pm when the Blades have also been at home this season so, can’t see the problem there even with fans meeting at Sheffield train station.

Plus, are there any trains running on Good Friday it’s a bank holiday? Would have thought they’d be a limited service at most.

Don’t like early kick offs we never seem to fair well in them or us if just me saying that?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post

Don’t like early kick offs we never seem to fair well in them or us if just me saying that?
    The last couple of early kicks offs were Sheffield United and Blackburn and we did alright in those!

Can't be the weather as no rain is forecast for Friday

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    The last couple of early kicks offs were Sheffield United and Blackburn and we did alright in those!
    Huddersfield?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Apologies for asking but I may have missed a thread explaining why we are a 13.00pm kick off.

I can see Millwall before us (12.30pm), Sunderland (17.30) and Boro (20.00) being the only other arranged games. All the rest are 15.00 kick offs so why are we kicking off at 13.00pm?
    Yep if you know, 😍

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    Huddersfield?
    I’m talking over several years but yes it’s not been too bad so far this season but personally I don’t like early kick offs.