+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts Barnsley v Ipswich Town

Romared Match Thoughts Barnsley v Ipswich Town

Once last throw of the dice and see if we can reveal some cracks in Ipswich Town by winning tomorrow night leaving two games left to play .

Looks a nailed on draw to be honest which I guess will suit Ipswich just fine and about as much use as tyts on a fish to ourselves .

You can bet your last pound note Chaplin will score tomorrow .

I think Ipswich are the best side in the league and I’ve a feeling they’ll get the better of us but I’m ok with that, I’d rather face Wednesday in the play offs than Ipswich.

I don't think it is a nailed on draw despite our excellent home results. We fall miserably short almost every single time against them, and in fact, when did we last beat them at home ?.
    It might have been different if they hadn't exploited/cheated their way out of the original fixture. But that's another argument altogether.

Victory for us tomorrow could sow the seed of doubt into Ipswich heads and put them under pressure, much like it did when we beat Sheffield wednesday at Oakwell last month. That's all we have to cling onto in my opinion but realistically our race is run in regard of a top 2 berth.

The boys from S6 will no doubt be praying for a Barnsley win tomorrow night to keep their interests of finishing in the top 2 alive.

I just hope that we come out of this fixture with no red cards or injuries.

That was suggested for the Oxford match, should we be careful and not risk injuries or suspensions etc.
    Well I can understand that, but I prefer going for wins and trying to keep the confidence and momentum going.
    It could be down to Ipswich or Sheff Wensdy to go up with Plymouth, and to be honest I don't care really.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    It could be down to Ipswich or Sheff Wensdy to go up with Plymouth, and to be honest I don't care really.
    I would think most Barnsley fans would rather Wednesday fail in their bid to go up automatically and then fail again in the Play Offs.

Both Ipswich and Plymouth have another two games to clinch promotion after tonight and I think both will do it.

As Pass has said a good performance tonight to keep confidence up and steer clear of red cards and, if possible, injuries. The last thing we want is an arseoyling from Ipswich knocking our players back.

Chaplin to score. But I think we can win it. If we do win it, it still only gives us a very outside chance but it keeps the momentum going which is key.

We have to try our level best to win the game for a number of reasons, firstly there is a an extreme outside chance of still making the auto"s which means while ever there is a chance you still have to keep going , but momentum is key going into the play offs plus of course the confidence a victory would bring is priceless , everybody seems to be drooling over Ipswich so a win for us would send a message to the rest of the clubs involved , I fancy us to do the business in a tight affair , we will see .

Win, lose or daw then all I want is for us to turn up and put in a good performance.Fingers and everything else crossed !

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    Win, lose or daw then all I want is for us to turn up and put in a good performance.Fingers and everything else crossed !
    Going to have to be at our very best tonight to get the three points but we've shown against the best at the top of this league we are more than capable .

We forget too that Ipswich fans will be looking at this fixture and crossing their fingers too .

Get the first goal and it could be our night .

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast