+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toon in talks

Toon in talks

With Southampton over right back Tino Livramento SSN.

I thought we signed Ashby to start coming through in that spot, but makes me think Manquillo must be on the move if we’re on for any RB

He can also play Left-back and push forward.

Very highly rated at Chelsea and very strong mentality as well, worked hard this season to come back from an ACL in time to play this season.

Can see us selling one of Manquillo or Kraft though.

Both Manquillo and Kraft can go, both have been failures here !!!

I think they’d both be cracking signings for any chimpo side or a newly promoted team.

Quote Originally Posted by toonozandy View Post
    I understand what you mean by 'failures' however could look at it another way.

Both were bought for 10 bob and a Timtam to plug a gap under the previous ownership.

'El Quillo' £3.6m signing was a Rafa Special. He's done a job for us but no one can really judge any player in a Cabbage Heed side. The lads were training 2 days a week FFS. Peak Messi would be sh!te in a Bruce side.

Krafth was excellent in the spell when Tripz broke his toe end of the survival season. Lad's calling him Kraftu due to his marauding Brazil-esque legend Cafu runs forward & defensive tracking and tackling. Then his knee popped. Seriously unlucky fella.

Whilst they have done a job in parts it could be time for them to jump on transfer train to stations unknown. Been great lads up Choo-Choo time to goooo!

Quote Originally Posted by toonozandy View Post
    Not like you to be overly dramatic about something…

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    He can also play Left-back and push forward.

Very highly rated at Chelsea and very strong mentality as well, worked hard this season to come back from an ACL in time to play this season.

Can see us selling one of Manquillo or Kraft though.
    I know the other fullback at Soton we’ve been linked to can play on both flanks, didn't realise they both could 👍

Both Krafth and Manquillo deserve respect for having put in a shift and done well for us. Definitely time for both to move on now, but I will remember them both fondly.

Manquillo in particular got a lot of stick in the past, he's earned the right to be respected, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    Both Krafth and Manquillo deserve respect for having put in a shift and done well for us. Definitely time for both to move on now, but I will remember them both fondly.

Manquillo in particular got a lot of stick in the past, he's earned the right to be respected, at least.
    Well said Hughie, decent enough squad players but better if they both move on to clubs where they would be first choice. No need for the abuse they attract on here,and lack of respect.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)