+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Var

Var

I've only seen a couple of games, but it's phookin disgusting. Manure get away with another unbelievable penalty against them ,got to feel sorry for Wolves. The games corrupt..I hate VAR with a passion,you can bet we will be on the end of some shocking decisions against us this season.

Rant over. Grrrr

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    I've only seen a couple of games, but it's phookin disgusting. Manure get away with another unbelievable penalty against them ,got to feel sorry for Wolves. The games corrupt..I hate VAR with a passion,you can bet we will be on the end of some shocking decisions against us this season.

Rant over. Grrrr
    PGMOL need to explain HOW that is not a penalty because it certainly looked like it was not given because it was Manchester United at Old Trafford.

Tick me off if I have said this before but VAR is pathetic. How could that not be a Wolves pen ? On Friday night Gary Neville said the City player "did not have his hands on Amdouni long enough" to award a penalty and the eejits at VAR agreed with him.

The only thing that is "clear and obvious" is that the little teams are not going to catch a VAR break. It's a joke, just as it has been since its introduction.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Tick me off if I have said this before but VAR is pathetic. How could that not be a Wolves pen ? On Friday night Gary Neville said the City player "did not have his hands on Amdouni long enough" to award a penalty and the eejits at VAR agreed with him.

The only thing that is "clear and obvious" is that the little teams are not going to catch a VAR break. It's a joke, just as it has been since its introduction.
    Just like politics BT it’s corrupt from top to bottom

They have ruined football.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Just like politics BT it’s corrupt from top to bottom

They have ruined football.
    Honestly army88, I prefer watching Burnley in the Championship, VAR is totally ruining football.

Note to myself: That's twice in two days you have agreed with army88, what's wrong with you man?

Everton were robbed in a similar fashion on Saturday, Leno dashed out of his goal, jumped all over Tarko and dropped the ball. Tarko did nothing, he had his back to Leno and didn't see him coming. The ref gave a free kick against Tarko and VAR confirmed it. The people making these perverse decisions are qualified referees, I'm totally at a loss to understand their thinking, it's simply bizarre what's happening.

In one match over the weekend, Sky proudly announced that there are 30 cameras now available. How can it be that with all that technology available to them, they get it wrong? I can understand(just) the onfield referee not having a clear view, or not being sure etc. But someone sat in front of a screen watching an incident over and over again? An apology was issued to Wolves for the error.

FFS, who are these people? Apparently they all had additional training on using VAR. What training do you need to see an obvious foul?

In the meantime they are somehow able to discern that a player’s finger nail is offside?

As I said at the time, if it had been a Burnley player holding on to a City player for a nano second it would have been a penalty. If it had been the Wolves goalkeeper taking the head off a Ewenited player it would have been a penalty.

In some ways it would be better to clean out the PL with the big ones being in a super league and let teams like Burnley have a fair chance. That is in addition to getting rid of VAR.

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    In one match over the weekend, Sky proudly announced that there are 30 cameras now available. How can it be that with all that technology available to them, they get it wrong? I can understand(just) the onfield referee not having a clear view, or not being sure etc. But someone sat in front of a screen watching an incident over and over again? An apology was issued to Wolves for the error.

FFS, who are these people? Apparently they all had additional training on using VAR. What training do you need to see an obvious foul?

In the meantime they are somehow able to discern that a player’s finger nail is offside?

As I said at the time, if it had been a Burnley player holding on to a City player for a nano second it would have been a penalty. If it had been the Wolves goalkeeper taking the head off a Ewenited player it would have been a penalty.

In some ways it would be better to clean out the PL with the big ones being in a super league and let teams like Burnley have a fair chance. That is in addition to getting rid of VAR.
    More chance of the big clubs leaving than there is of getting rid of VAR.
    Remember Tim Kroll v Matij Vydra a couple of seasons ago, far worse than last night's incident ---nothing given.
    Remember, Newcastle v Burnley in the season we went down when Nick Pope went to collect the ball but dropped it and Wilson scored what turned out to be the only goal. Our manager Sean Dyche. Exactly the same thing happened at Goodison on Saturday but the keeper gets a free kick ---manager who suffered ------Sean Dyche.

Perhaps they should fit footballers with air brakes so that they can stop their momentum when in mid air or do we just acccept that there will be physical challenges when players are competing for balls in the air and there will not always be any foul play involved?

There were two more on Saturday, the ball hit Dunk's elbow, no pen said the ref, quite rightly, there was nothing he could do about it, then the VAR monkeys had a look and told him to change his mind. I was hoping he'd stand his ground and stick with his correct decision, but no chance, the pantomime had to be played out, trotting over to the monitor, pretending to analyse the action carefully, the infantile drawing a square with his fingers, what on earth do they do that for, we know he's been looking at a screen, they've just shown us that, and then inevitably pointing to the spot.
    Next game I watched, the ball hit Declan Rice's hand, like Dunk nothing he could do about it, but this time the ref missed it and VAR didn't even review it. It's a shambles, can no one get this ludicrous, time-wasting pantomime out of our game ?

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    More chance of the big clubs leaving than there is of getting rid of VAR.
    Remember Tim Kroll v Matij Vydra a couple of seasons ago, far worse than last night's incident ---nothing given.
    Remember, Newcastle v Burnley in the season we went down when Nick Pope went to collect the ball but dropped it and Wilson scored what turned out to be the only goal. Our manager Sean Dyche. Exactly the same thing happened at Goodison on Saturday but the keeper gets a free kick ---manager who suffered ------Sean Dyche.

Perhaps they should fit footballers with air brakes so that they can stop their momentum when in mid air or do we just acccept that there will be physical challenges when players are competing for balls in the air and there will not always be any foul play involved?
    We were on the wrong end of one at Elland Rd a couple of years ago, Meslier came off his line and flattened Ben Mee, I think it was Ben, the ball ran loose, we scored, the goal was disallowed and a free kick given against Mee when it could only have been a goal, or a pen and red card for Meslier.

But it's refs on the pitch and in the VAR suite who are making these bizarre decisions and ruining the game, it's not the players.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)