+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: One year ago today

One year ago today

One year ago today the second pre application meeting for the new stadium development at the former NCR Camperdown grounds also known as Campy Nou was held in the Landmark Hotel Dundee.
    John Nelms held a press conference before the doors were opened to the general public and he left before any members of public could ask him any questions.
    Normally companies hold a pre application meeting shortly before submitting their full planning application not once every five years.
    What has happened since Dark Blue Property Holdings Limited held their pre application meeting on Monday 26th September 2022.
    1. Despite John Nelms stating that the planning application would sent to Dundee City Council by the end of March this has not happened. In his defence he never stated which year, so far as we know it could 31st March 2027 to avoid having a third pre application meeting.
    2. The Dark Blue Property Holdings Limited Directors borrowed money from the Isle of Man financial services company SohoGreen putting up the whole of the 29.7 acres Campy Nou site as collateral for the loan (Source Companies House website).
    3. Nelms stated in April 2023 that the traffic calculations made in 2017 were now out of date and they would have to be recalculated which would delay things by two months.
    The strange thing is that I remember hearing at the pre application meeting on 26th September 2022 that Transport Scotland were about to carry a detailed survey of traffic using the Kingsway West bypass of Dundee.
    At the time I said to my wife who was also at the pre application meeting in the Landmark Hotel I hope that Transport Scotland have the sense to carry out their traffic survey at 2.30pm on a Saturday afternoon and not 2.30am on a Saturday morning during the football season.

Islay when did the yanks buy campy nou, when did Linda first state we were leaving Dens and what season did he originally hope to be in for?

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Islay when did the yanks buy campy nou, when did Linda first state we were leaving Dens and what season did he originally hope to be in for?
    According to the Lands Register Tim Keyes (DBPHL) purchased Campy Nou on 8th July 2016 and DBPHL separately purchased the entrance to the former NCR Camperdown factory. The former entrance was going to be handed over by DBPHL to Dundee City Council to allow them to build an extension to Dundee Ice Arena for curling in exchange for part of Camperdown Park to build training pitches.
    I do not understand why Dundee City Council did not previously purchase the entrance to the former NCR Camperdown factory when they purchased the rest of the site where the retail park including the cinema and ice Arena are situated.
    Dee4life Director George McIrvine who is a Dundee City Councillor and a member of the Planning Committee might be able to explain why.
    From memory Linda first stated in November 2021 that we were leaving Dens Park and from memory he previously stated in 2017 that the new stadium would be built and ready for use by the start of the 2021-22 season.
    It is debatable which will be finished first.
    HS2 completed in full and in operation or the new stadium development at Campy Nou built and Dundee FC playing their home games there.
    I reckon that it will be HS2.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    According to the Lands Register Tim Keyes (DBPHL) purchased Campy Nou on 8th July 2016 and DBPHL separately purchased the entrance to the former NCR Camperdown factory. The former entrance was going to be handed over by DBPHL to Dundee City Council to allow them to build an extension to Dundee Ice Arena for curling in exchange for part of Camperdown Park to build training pitches.
    I do not understand why Dundee City Council did not previously purchase the entrance to the former NCR Camperdown factory when they purchased the rest of the site where the retail park including the cinema and ice Arena are situated.
    Dee4life Director George McIrvine who is a Dundee City Councillor and a member of the Planning Committee might be able to explain why.
    From memory Linda first stated in November 2021 that we were leaving Dens Park and from memory he previously stated in 2017 that the new stadium would be built and ready for use by the start of the 2021-22 season.
    It is debatable which will be finished first.
    HS2 completed in full and in operation or the new stadium development at Campy Nou built and Dundee FC playing their home games there.
    I reckon that it will be HS2.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Cheers
    No problem.
    Today my wife and I were out for lunch.
    I happened to be speaking to a Dundonian on Islay who is also a Dundee supporter.
    He told me that he has no time for the Trust (Dee4life) and he thinks that John Nelms is doing a wonderful job running Dundee Football Club.
    I told him that he must be the only Dundee supporter who thinks that John Nelms is doing a good job running Dundee FC.
    I can only assume that this Dundee supporter wrongly thinks that Nelms is bankrolling Dundee Football Club!!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)