+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NFR this is getting out of hand…

NFR this is getting out of hand…

I think we are all watching the news…

Last week there was news someone removed the Poppys from our Town Centre Cenotaph and replaced them with Palestine Flags…

A local guy found it & restored it (on X/news feeds)..

Today this…

https://x.com/daveatherton20/status/...E9qP3E0f62qjkA

Apologies non X followers..

This is about 200 yards away from Rochdale Police Station & the picture is a “Community Support Officer” … really 🤷*♂️..

Not sure what local news uup north or south is for Frank but UK is they are attacking our Vets selling Poppies…

Needs a response

As a lad my uncle was in the local RBL and I helped him make up poppies and I’ve been a great advocate for that charity ever since. Fast forward to the 80s and I was doing sleepovers in the FCO (they borrowed several of us from the HO) to coordinate security leading up to the ceremony at the Cenotaph. It was a great and scary responsibility culminating in a gin reception after the royals had left. So many stories; we found a gun once and somehow managed to avoid killing several members of the Aussie touring RU side as we only discovered that the balcony had been condemned afterwards. And just don’t ask about the police dogs and handlers lost in the tunnels under Whitehall.

I’m leading up to saying that all cenotaphs and war memorials are sacred and desecration of them is a crime, not simply graffiti or antisocial behaviour. They should be protected but accessible which is a problem but in the days of CCTV there must be an answer. FFS you can buy security systems for your home with quick mobile response, so why not cenotaphs and the like from a more official source? I fear for the London event but armed police on nearby rooftops should sort out anything that kicks off. After all, they’re there very year.

The Twitter link posted by BDB above took me to a post by a far right extremist who had posted:-

"A WW1 memorial in Rochdale has had "Free Palestine" sprayed onto the monument.

Rochdale is infamous for Pakistani heritage men grooming mainly white girls.".

I thought we had enough of this nonsense when Northernsoul was banned.

Any chance we can get back to football?

There has been no expression of Muslimism in the Ely area, if there has i havent seen it, Ely is true blue, english to its core. Cambridge has seen some small demonstrations, but you would expect that in a city full of students.

Allowing the march to happen is another reason not to vote tory, i know the posters on here dont, but cumbria is blue, as i am, but i know when it needs to change, im a brit at heart, being tory is second.

Sunday is an accident waiting to happen, the muslims could postpone it for another day but wont, its not about freedom as the government makes out.

If the muslims march on the cenotaph its two fingers to Britain, their route goes past it, but they will insult Britain, its in their dna, to rule the world like all the other nutters.

Im sure some bad boys, or should i say good boys will be waiting.

As ive said before...... TORIES OUT. They are a disgrace. The march should be banned, the palestinians in good faith should do it another day and show respect.

Straight out of the Donald Trump playbook.

Suella Braverman well on the way to achieving her aim.

Same as Trump did before the attack on the Capitol Building in Washington D.C.

Goad violent people with small brains and far right views into travelling to the heart of central government to engage in vigilante violence.

Sunak needs to get rid of her before there are riots all over the country...or maybe that is what she wants.

It was not the best tweet to repost I must admit Howoldboy as contained that link to the comment, I should have checked it first before adding the link as there were others..

Just paints a worse picture of Dale again.. there is no hiding from it though unfortunately as national news…

The link to both issues is not a far right extemists view though, it is deeper than that, both are Muslim linked…

Frank is right, Sunday is going to be chaos

Well if it is not the far right that is going to cause all the trouble please explain who is.

The peace demonstrations have been taking place every Saturday without any significant problems. Hundreds of thousands in attendance and only a handful of arrests.

This weekends march is taking place at a location well away from the Cenotaph, at a later time and is scheduled to go nowhere near Whitehall. The march is no more disrespectful to Remembrance Day than Carlisle playing a football match.

If it hadn't been for Braverman and the right wing press stirring the pot, this weekend would almost certainly have gone ahead without any issues.

Clearly the Metropolitan police still think it will or it would have been cancelled.

Considering your above posts old boy, and others, i must suggest that you get your temperature pulse and respiration checked asap. As there is nothing physically wrong, that wont be nescessary, but there is something wrong, and fixing it on a physical basis, would be radiotherapy.

You are an example of what is wrong. p.s, radiotherapy wont do it. If your malady was physical.

If it hadn't been for Braverman and the right wing press stirring the pot, this weekend would almost certainly have gone ahead without any issues.

The left wing press is also reporting on thousands of people marching & sit in protests in railway stations & 10’s of thousands marching in town centres to stop the Isreal retaliation against the Palestines in Gaza…

Right / Left / Liberal / Greenpeace / Monster Raving Loony Party…

Hamas (Palestine) started this with 1,000’s of rockets and the atrocities beyond comprehension….

Now stop the invasion… WTF … I would have Nuked them

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdogblue View Post

The left wing press is also reporting on thousands of people marching & sit in protests in railway stations & 10’s of thousands marching in town centres to stop the Isreal retaliation against the Palestines in Gaza…

Right / Left / Liberal / Greenpeace / Monster Raving Loony Party…

Hamas (Palestine) started this with 1,000’s of rockets and the atrocities beyond comprehension….

Now stop the invasion… WTF … I would have Nuked them
    So if a terrorist organisation based in the UK attacked another country would you find it acceptable for that country to nuke the UK?

Not everyone who lives in Palestine supports Hamas and not everyone who lives in Palestine is a terrorist.

There are millions of innocent people suffering and someone needs to put a stop to the killing irrespective of who "started" it.
    Last edited by howoldboy; 09-11-2023 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Spelling

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)