+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Foster

Foster

Interesting that on Tv yesterday they said Lyle had mental health problems going back to the beginning of his time in Belgium- so a long way back and yet we took a punt ( but then gave a 5 year contract when things were obviously not well ).
    Also interesting that Carney ( who has had her own mental health issues apparently) said Lyle was right not to go the AFCON but Ian Wright said if he’s fit to play at this level of football he should represent his country.

What’s the thoughts on those two snippets - firstly the contract and then is he fit to play for us and if so should he be available nationally?

The trouble with this discussion is no-one except the sufferer knows the full extent of the problem and if they are not offering full disclosure and are burying it everyone else is ion the dark.

Hats off to VK for trying to make a fist of a really difficult task:

"If people want to understand why this club is different it's because in moments like this we have absolute unity. There wasn't a person that came in and said, ‘careful' or, ‘what are the implications', because it could affect his value as well. But nobody cares.

"We did what is right by the player, and we will continue to do so for him and every other player we have. We have to sometimes suffer short-term consequences – which are never worse than for the player himself, of course – but in the long term we'll always be better because of it."

Ian Wright really needs to keep his opinions to himself, he's a retired footballer not a mental health professional.

Wright was talking out of his backside, he seemed totally unaware of the fact that Foster had made himself unavailable to SA on medical advice. If he's going to proffer an opinion on a person's mental health situation he should make himself fully aware of all the facts or keep his big gob shut. I generally like Ian Wright but he did himself no favours last night, just came across to me as an ignorant gob****e, and the last thing Lyle Foster needs right now is advice from ignorant gob****es live on national television.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Wright was talking out of his backside, he seemed totally unaware of the fact that Foster had made himself unavailable to SA on medical advice. If he's going to proffer an opinion on a person's mental health situation he should make himself fully aware of all the facts or keep his big gob shut. I generally like Ian Wright but he did himself no favours last night, just came across to me as an ignorant gob****e, and the last thing Lyle Foster needs right now is advice from ignorant gob****es live on national television.
    First time I have agreed with you since October 7th mon ami.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    First time I have agreed with you since October 7th mon ami.
    Quite possibly mon ami, which is why I now stick to subjects we can agree upon, or at least disagree amicably.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Quite possibly mon ami, which is why I now stick to subjects we can agree upon, or at least disagree amicably.
    You may well have noticed I no longer post political threads or comments on here mon ami.

I have gone elsewhere to vent my spleen, usually amongst like-minded individuals.

You may well have noticed I no longer post political threads or comments on here mon ami.

I have gone elsewhere to vent my spleen, usually amongst like-minded individuals.
    Thank phook for that. 😆

i watched last nights game,i thought we were doing ok but the lack of quality if the final third was evident ,on the plus side ,,muric was miles better than trafford and should be kept in the team for a while ,,,,but the team are crying out for a striker who can concvert the chances theat are made

Quote Originally Posted by johnj69 View Post
    i watched last nights game,i thought we were doing ok but the lack of quality if the final third was evident ,on the plus side ,,muric was miles better than trafford and should be kept in the team for a while ,,,,but the team are crying out for a striker who can concvert the chances theat are made
    Amdouni needs to watch a few Jimmy Greaves videos. He needs to realise he can take another second to compose himself and get a bit of ice in his veins.

He's rushing and snapping at half chances, his work rate is superb but his finishing his rubbish.

Bellamy needs to get some one-on-one work with him and get the video analysis team to show him where he is going wrong.

Regarding Muric over Trafford it's a no-brainer for me, the Spurs offensive line went nowhere near him because they knew a clattering was coming their way if they did.

If I was an EPL manager in need of a keeper I'd buy Muric in a heartbeat.

Amdouni needs to watch a few Jimmy Greaves videos. He needs to realise he can take another second to compose himself and get a bit of ice in his veins.

He's rushing and snapping at half chances, his work rate is superb but his finishing his rubbish.

Bellamy needs to get some one-on-one work with him and get the video analysis team to show him where he is going wrong.

Regarding Muric over Trafford it's a no-brainer for me, the Spurs offensive line went nowhere near him because they knew a clattering was coming their way if they did.

If I was an EPL manager in need of a keeper I'd buy Muric in a heartbeat.
    Trafford will be back for the Luton match.I personally think Trafford is a slightly better shot stopper but Muric is better from set pieces and calmer when playing out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)