+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyway: Stoke

Anyway: Stoke

Slightly off the subject, but: Much as I don't want Rooney as our next manager and wince at his inability to put his point over on camera/mic, why should we actually give a sh*t WHO the manager is so long as we climb that table? If the last four matches were a fluke and we get mullered tomorrow and next week well he'll have to take the consequences, but if we a) avoid defeat b) actually win and c) show at least a hint of organisation, grit and for gawds sake style, well maybe we should just get behind him a bit

Team?

Wisdom in for Davies, Buchanan in for Wisdom, Lawrence in for Holmes, Evans in for Shinnie

Score?

I'd love 2-0

I don't think people aren't behind him, while he is in charge and results are positive, there's hardly an issue, though one does wonder how much input Mac has.

Certainly a good result against Stoke will enhance his reputation, lets hope we get at least a draw.

We need to keep picking up points, whether by luck, grit, skill, good coaching and tactics or because the opposition are crap, between now and January to keep in touch! By then we need to hope that the takeover (latest signal is that imminent, 48 hours etc has become a few weeks) and Managers position are sorted and we are not dead in the water!
    Stoke, however, will be tough even at home so one point in our quest for survival will be added to our tally via a 1-1 draw.

Who would've guessed you'd get so much mileage out of that username mac?!

4-0 loss for me, honeymoon period of a win and couple of draws to end. If they get an early goal our heads will drop.

[QUOTE=AdiSalisbury;39644081]Who would've guessed you'd get so much mileage out of that username mac?!
    True, but I can never decide which one is 'the man'!
    Probably Mackay but there are so any from every era, this young MacDonald looks promising could one day be 'the man', who knows.

Have we ever had to wait until December for our first home win? Not sure...not sure it’ll come tomorrow either. A repeat of last season would be great but I suspect another hard fought 1-1 draw.
    Rooney has done well imo. Suspect we’re all a little underwhelmed because expectation was raised so high with talk of Benitez and Allardyce etc a few weeks ago. Six, or even four, points from the next two home matches would really mean he’s changed things round. Good luck to him and COYR.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Have we ever had to wait until December for our first home win? Not sure...not sure it’ll come tomorrow either. A repeat of last season would be great but I suspect another hard fought 1-1 draw.
    Rooney has done well imo. Suspect we’re all a little underwhelmed because expectation was raised so high with talk of Benitez and Allardyce etc a few weeks ago. Six, or even four, points from the next two home matches would really mean he’s changed things round. Good luck to him and COYR.
    I recall rooney being quoted on the DET site as saying the squad are responding to being given clearer more simple instructions about their responsibilities. Cocu certainly came over as someone who couldn't keep it simple so that's a positive to me, I think Davies (Defend first, then make a simple pass) and Shinnie (face towards the oppositions goal. kick a few fellahs) for instance have come good because of this

0-0 for me

Tyrese Campbell will be missing for Stoke which is good news as he's a tricky little devil down their right.

John Obi looks not to have recovered from his injury. Fletcher and Thompson are both "hopeful" they say but by no means definite..

James Mclean is on 5 yellows. I believe he misses the game which is a good thing IMO.

The 2 goals they conceded midweek against Cardiff both came from balls that went over the defence to unmarked players at the back stick. Exactly the place where we never seem to have a forward....

We miss Davies and Shinnie but that's it.

On paper we have a much better chance than we do on League positions. It won't be the 4-0 drubbing we gave them last year but our first home win of the season might well be on the cards.

Wis to move inside to take the CH slot. McDonald to take the right back berth. Bird to replace the suspended Shinnie although my choice would be Knight there. Lawro in the middle of the the three instead of Holmes

The team I would pick:
    Marshall
    McDonald Wisdom Clarke Buchanan
    Bielik Knight
    Waghorn Lawrence Jozwiak
    Kazim

I think the squad are responding to having 10 teammates on the pitch now that Rooney isn't playing.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)