+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Squad of 25 come end January

Squad of 25 come end January

Sorry if this is cluttering the board mods please move if you think so but wondered what everyone’s thoughts were about how our squad will look like come end of January
    For what it’s worth here’s my thoughts we need to be ruthless now
    Yesterdays news re Hall can we count him out of the 25 never available Omit Green for obvious reasons send Appiah back terrible
    So out:
    Hall Peltier (hardly available 37 now) Ayala (disgrace should never pull a millers shirt on again) Ferguson (love him but when’s he back?) Appiah Clucas Green
    In Bola Mccart and Kioso a new winger with a bit of pace (outlet needed to relieve defence and worry opposition)a new creative midfielder unless Cafu can provide his early season form
    I know a lot of the above won’t happen but I think we should at least try and pay Hall up
    Those saying we can’t afford it don’t forget we’re paying Bola for sod all and paying a decent percentage for Kioso and Mccart to play at other clubs

Would also add would keep Revan who’s done enough to be kept on also Lembikisa who could we try as a right winger if we can’t get a new one in? He can beat a man with his pace and frees him up of his defensive duties if he’s got Kioso behind him

I would consider loaning out Georgie perhaps to a div one club.
    This would be to give him desperately needed game time and make him part of our plans for next season.
    I like him as a player but he won’t improve getting 10 minutes every 5 games or so

Quote Originally Posted by uttis View Post
    Would also add would keep Revan who’s done enough to be kept on also Lembikisa who could we try as a right winger if we can’t get a new one in? He can beat a man with his pace and frees him up of his defensive duties if he’s got Kioso behind him

Agree with your outs. Ins also.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Agree with your outs. Ins also.

Only Ayala seeing he's fit I'd keep. How do we get rid of players under contract? Just don't put them in the 25 & leave them like Bola in limbo?

Cheers Gru as I said I can’t see all I’ve said happening would just like to see 25 fit and available for selection to at least give LR a chance of keeping us up however slim that maybe with half an eye on league 1 also re transfers this would be based on what’s happened in the first half of the season and a great opportunity to get rid of some of the wasters like Hall and the can’t be arsed like Ayala crap like Appiah etc

Quote Originally Posted by uttis View Post
    Cheers Gru as I said I can’t see all I’ve said happening would just like to see 25 fit and available for selection to at least give LR a chance of keeping us up however slim that maybe with half an eye on league 1 also re transfers this would be based on what’s happened in the first half of the season and a great opportunity to get rid of some of the wasters like Hall and the can’t be arsed like Ayala crap like Appiah etc

More or less totally agree with you Peltier Hall Ferguson look finished. Green out for the season. Appiah nothing to offer. Clucas Ayala same but all still under contract while end of this season how do we get round that?

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Only Ayala seeing he's fit I'd keep. How do we get rid of players under contract? Just don't put them in the 25 & leave them like Bola in limbo?
    I guess we could do that but we'd still have to pay them which is why I doubt it will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I guess we could do that but we'd still have to pay them which is why I doubt it will happen.
    Well if it’s heavily appearance based wages then it would save us some money,but also with him being an”emergency” or special dispensation signing there maybe something where we have to keep him in the squad..

We can name who we want within the rules, nobody can have a go at not naming injured players, I would like LR to be ruthless and exclude Hall, Ferguson and send back Appiah. He needs to use this window to show his intent, no time for nicey nicey crap

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast