+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Halloween Fc, 1 year on

Halloween Fc, 1 year on

Ok to all you spooky smelly ghosts n ghoulies on here (and thats just Roma and SB of course isn't it lol) , do we all remember this time last year, on Halloween night/the 31st ?.

We won 2-4 away at Burton and that didn't feel like a relegation season for us at the time did it. Some of our goals that night were amazing, we had Joe Williams and we had Harvey Barnes especially, who was brilliant for us and I think he was a massive loss to us when we sent him back (for whatever reason by the way ?).

The Halloween/Bonfire week of the season isn't a be all and end all of course. But what do we all reckon eh, should we try to get a little bit carried away right now, should we 'dare to dream again ?'.

That wa strange arr Barnes went back to Leicester , season long loan and playing well here , i wunt ev thought we sent him back ? Played a few cup ties back theer , then loaned out again to WBA , he's having a good season theer too, if he had stayed here the full season I don't think we would have gone down ,
    " dreams are nothing more than wishes "

Ive asked the Baggies before about Harvey Barnes and hes popular there, much like he was here last season.
    I don't understand why we allowed him to go back in the middle of a season long loan actually, and I certainly agree he would have been a big difference in us staying up had he stayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    That wa strange arr Barnes went back to Leicester , season long loan and playing well here , i wunt ev thought we sent him back ? Played a few cup ties back theer , then loaned out again to WBA , he's having a good season theer too, if he had stayed here the full season I don't think we would have gone down ,
    " dreams are nothing more than wishes "
    Leicester had a recall option in the contract. With him playing well they wanted him around their first team to have a proper look

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Leicester had a recall option in the contract. With him playing well they wanted him around their first team to have a proper look
    I suppose we can't argue with that if it was annoyingly put in the contract. But what did they do with him really, some cup games and then mostly forgotten about again until the pre-season.