+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sticky Situation

Sticky Situation

Can’t help but feel that We’re in a little bit of a sticky situation with this appointment.

Whether we like it or not, there is going to be potential advantages and risks with anyone who is likely to be available to us.

The more experienced managers such as Moyes, Cooper, Potter are holding out for premiership jobs. It’s unlikely we’re going to get any of them.

Lampard does have a high profile in the game, so it’s likely he won’t have huge problems attracting players. He also is likely to feel like he has a point to prove after testing times at Chelsea and Everton. Which one would hope would bring a hunger and desire to succeed. He did however, have reported problems with falling out with the players at Chelsea. So much so that Petr Cech had to act as an intermediary.

Craig Bellamy will know the squad very well already, and would make good continuity in terms of being able to sort the squad out asap. However, his lack of experience has got to be a concern. Also, he hasn’t been the most stable character in the past and does have a reputation for being somewhat erratic.

Scott Parker has 2 promotions from the Championship on his CV, and comes across has being fairly levelheaded. However, on the downside hasn’t exactly been successful in the Premiership. Got Fulham relegated. Also, just in my opinion doesn’t come across as the most inspiring character in the world. Having listened to some of his interviews. He seems a little low key. The players have to listen to that in the dressing room.

Carlos Corberan has done ok in the championship. Has passion. However I saw the WBA 2nd leg against Southampton, to be honest I thought his tactics were very very negative. Not sure I’d want to watch that every week.

Then there others who we don’t really know enough about to say either way. Van Nistelrooy has a decent name in the game, but is an unknown quantity as a manager. Cifuentes at QPR has done decent, but again not loads is known about him.

So all in all, it’s really hard to know what we should or are going to do.

Don't worry, CC,we've been in a lot worse sticky situations and rode always through them..

Quote Originally Posted by CornholmeClaret View Post
    Can’t help but feel that We’re in a little bit of a sticky situation with this appointment.

Whether we like it or not, there is going to be potential advantages and risks with anyone who is likely to be available to us.

The more experienced managers such as Moyes, Cooper, Potter are holding out for premiership jobs. It’s unlikely we’re going to get any of them.

Lampard does have a high profile in the game, so it’s likely he won’t have huge problems attracting players. He also is likely to feel like he has a point to prove after testing times at Chelsea and Everton. Which one would hope would bring a hunger and desire to succeed. He did however, have reported problems with falling out with the players at Chelsea. So much so that Petr Cech had to act as an intermediary.

Craig Bellamy will know the squad very well already, and would make good continuity in terms of being able to sort the squad out asap. However, his lack of experience has got to be a concern. Also, he hasn’t been the most stable character in the past and does have a reputation for being somewhat erratic.

Scott Parker has 2 promotions from the Championship on his CV, and comes across has being fairly levelheaded. However, on the downside hasn’t exactly been successful in the Premiership. Got Fulham relegated. Also, just in my opinion doesn’t come across as the most inspiring character in the world. Having listened to some of his interviews. He seems a little low key. The players have to listen to that in the dressing room.

Carlos Corberan has done ok in the championship. Has passion. However I saw the WBA 2nd leg against Southampton, to be honest I thought his tactics were very very negative. Not sure I’d want to watch that every week.

Then there others who we don’t really know enough about to say either way. Van Nistelrooy has a decent name in the game, but is an unknown quantity as a manager. Cifuentes at QPR has done decent, but again not loads is known about him.

So all in all, it’s really hard to know what we should or are going to do.
    I know what you're saying CC, there is no obvious ideal candidate. I've stopped worrying about it, we have enough players to run two Championship teams and both finish top 6. Whoever Mr Pace gives the job to, we'll be fine.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)