+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Undermining

Undermining

There have been posts about teams undermining this competition and not putting a full strength side out until the later stages but that is exactly what both BFC and Derby have done.Ok give some of our players game time even though a trip to Wembley is on offer which a very lot of clubs would give their right arm for looks like championship football comes 1st which I agree with sign of the times?

I think it's quite a strong side we've put out

only 4 changes from sat derby has 11 changes.

Both teams look strong!

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    There have been posts about teams undermining this competition and not putting a full strength side out until the later stages but that is exactly what both BFC and Derby have done.Ok give some of our players game time even though a trip to Wembley is on offer which a very lot of clubs would give their right arm for looks like championship football comes 1st which I agree with sign of the times?
    In Hecky we trust!

I agree that coaches/managers should play their strongest teams everytime if possible, whether its in the league or one of the so called less important cups. Apart from a couple of changes I think that we had a good squad out there tonight and Im not surprised we've beat them actually. Lets hope it rains at Wembley because we've won both Lg cup games in the pouring rain.

Changes to team a bit different for Barnsley. So many new faces this season that they need game time to find our best 11.

Part and parcel of the modern game, but that's why clubs have squads. We didn't pick a bunch of never-heard-of academy lads did we?

I'd heard of most of the lads we signed before we signed them. Bradshaw was getting rave reviews, as were Moncur and Mcgeehan. Clubs a lot higher than us were looking at them as well.

So I'd go as far as to say that for the ardent football fan they were household names.

I still can't understand how Mallan doesn't even make the bench against Derby? Has he killed Hecky's cat or something?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast