+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A bridge too far ......

A bridge too far ......

....... against a Wendy side where the ball always drops nice for them eg deflection on their first goal.
    How many times have we seen this !?!?!

But no need to worry.
    As long as this young Barnsley team are in the top six - and Wendy go out of business at the end of the season - or at least get relegated then all off us will be happy.

Definitely a game too far , I'm disappointed of course I am but the bigger games are yet to come .

We lick our wounds , take the break and we come back and complete the job .

Absolutely in our own hands and to be honest with the break and if we are to lose a game then today was probably the game to lose as much as that hurts the majority of us .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Definitely a game too far , I'm disappointed of course I am but the bigger games are yet to come .

We lick our wounds , take the break and we come back and complete the job .

Absolutely in our own hands and to be honest with the break and if we are to lose a game then today was probably the game to lose as much as that hurts the majority of us .
    Yep - a good game to lose.
    Complacency is now banned.

We need plan B.

Teams now know what to expect and are prepared for it. Its worked OK up to now but were at the business end of the season and need an alternative or two.

Perhaps we could try passing the ball.

come on wendies deserved that win they were better in defence than we were in attack, we should have had a goal when ref said goalkeeper was fouled hewas not we should have had a penalty at least one but after all that we did not compete against a better side on the game

To lose is crap 2 weeks rest now though which is needed with how we play

Jumble Lane " a bridge not built yet "
    What's all this rest stuff abart ? Are some making excuses already ?

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    We need plan B.

Teams now know what to expect and are prepared for it. Its worked OK up to now but were at the business end of the season and need an alternative or two.

Perhaps we could try passing the ball.
    goodun Eths , wiv no plan B, great points return so far so fair play , the football or lack of it is awful , BIG BOOIT !

The problem is our expectation levels have shifted considerably .

At the start of the season we'd all have settled for simply staying in the league and now we are all fully expecting a play off place .

No matter how much each and every one of us pretend we are going to be gutted if we fail to make the top 6 from the position this morning .

I think many of us realise it's a one off opportunity , there's similarities here with the FA cup semi final against Cardiff City in 2008 .

We failed to take the one time opportunity and reach the FA cup final and despite the victories over Liverpool and Chelsea we were all pretty gutted coming away from Wembley that day because we all knew we'd probably never get another chance like that again .

We are in similar territory right now .

There isn't a we will be stronger next season at clubs like ours , football doesn't work that way today .

At nearly 60 years of age this maybe my last sniff of top flight football and I'm going to have to accept that if we fail .

Just as I had to do coming away from Wembley in 2008 absolutely broken .

There's absolutely no place for saying " oh well it's been a good season anyway " no matter how I try and I have tried to convince myself I really have .

It's called denial to mask the pain and disappointment I know is heading my way should we fall short .

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    goodun Eths , wiv no plan B, great points return so far so fair play , the football or lack of it is awful , BIG BOOIT !
    BIG BOOIT ..... is ok if it has a bit of accuracy about it.
    We were up against a weak Wendy defence but our strikers found it difficult because the accuracy of passes going forward wasn’t there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast