+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Rugby commentator

O/T Rugby commentator

Looked forward to watching England v Wales highlights on BBC2 but had to turn it off because of the rubbish woman commentator. She is ruining it imo, what is it with the BBC these days every sport now seems to have to have a women commentator. Some are decent but she isn't.
    I will get my tin hat on to be ready for the PC brigade
    Mind you my wife who loves rugby said turn the sound off or turn it off.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Looked forward to watching England v Wales highlights on BBC2 but had to turn it off because of the rubbish woman commentator. She is ruining it imo, what is it with the BBC these days every sport now seems to have to have a women commentator. Some are decent but she isn't.
    I will get my tin hat on to be ready for the PC brigade
    Mind you my wife who loves rugby said turn the sound off or turn it off.
    You don't need yer tin hat with me 61. I love my Rugby Union . She was absolutely awful to listen to but that's the world we live in.

You can get crap man commentators but are they’ crap cos they’re a man?

"Football Focus" stooped to new depths yesterday, Alex Scott did a lengthy solo piece to camera about Norwich City's tactics at Anfield and it was like she was addressing a cbeebies audience, it was so excruciatingly embarrassing I had to turn the sound off until she'd finished. There's some good women presenters in football and Robyn Cowan is a competent commentator who doesn't resort to growling in a manly fashion to effect a sense of drama that a lot of women commentators seem to do, but sometimes it's very obvious they're just there for the sake of having a woman, not because they have the skills or personality for the job.

TalkSport have just replaced Bob Mills on Jim White's weekday morning programme with a female who offers absolutely nothing, it's basically killed the show. The lady that does the Saturday show with Cascarino is fine but this new one is a complete waste of air space.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    You can get crap man commentators but are they’ crap cos they’re a man?
    Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    "Football Focus" stooped to new depths yesterday, Alex Scott did a lengthy solo piece to camera about Norwich City's tactics at Anfield and it was like she was addressing a cbeebies audience, it was so excruciatingly embarrassing I had to turn the sound off until she'd finished. There's some good women presenters in football and Robyn Cowan is a competent commentator who doesn't resort to growling in a manly fashion to effect a sense of drama that a lot of women commentators seem to do, but sometimes it's very obvious they're just there for the sake of having a woman, not because they have the skills or personality for the job.

TalkSport have just replaced Bob Mills on Jim White's weekday morning programme with a female who offers absolutely nothing, it's basically killed the show. The lady that does the Saturday show with Cascarino is fine but this new one is a complete waste of air space.
    Listening to Alex Scott is like pulling teeth.

The *** of the commentator should have nothing to do with it. That said, the female rugby commentator was absolutely rubbish, but for every rubbish one there is a good one too. Isa Guha was very good recently covering the first ashes test.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    The *** of the commentator should have nothing to do with it. That said, the female rugby commentator was absolutely rubbish, but for every rubbish one there is a good one too. Isa Guha was very good recently covering the first ashes test.
    What hacks people off is the parachuting in of women by the BBC just to make up the numbers, it's affirmative action for females.

There's plenty of female sport on the BBC these days, let them commentate on that?

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post

Helen Skelton?

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    Helen Skelton?
    No it's Natalie Sawyer who's on talkSport with Jim White, so they''ve now got 2 presenters and 1 guest on what's supposed to be a discussion show, it just doesn't work.
    Georgie Bingham was the name I was looking for who works alongside Tony Cascarino, she's a proper football fan, has a brain and a sense of humour.