+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: One goal beats Motherwell

One goal beats Motherwell

I doubt if we could have expected more than a arrow defeat. It could have been so much worse. - view external link

re: One goal beats Motherwell

We should have been absolutely mauled today. We had nothing in that team until about 60 minutes. Even then it was painful to watch. Confidence looks to have gone completely. Same old story too many player looking at each other thinking go on you do something when they should be looking at themselves first. It will take Mark McGhee a few weeks to work out what needs to changed but to save him some time I would suggest at least 70 percent of his squad. Completely rotten today. It also worries me that after the game he suggested that Laing has the making of a midfielder. Never in my life have I seen such an inept performance in midfield. The number of times people just ran past him was dreadful. I really thought there would be some fire in the belly today of the players. I hope.and pray McGhee can turn this shambles of a squad round. Still trying to see positives out of that game but I am failing to do so. Wait I know. The park was looking good. Shame we don't know how to pass a

1st half 1 of worst ever 2nd slight improvement but Johnson was useless law and chalmers constantly out of position Laing a fish out of water in midfield moult and Fletcher poor so all in all a 1 0 defeat not as bad as it could have been McGhee has a lot of work to do with this mob

Now lost seven games. Worst team in the league by a mile and ive seen them all.Dont give me the pi$h of " look at the table ". The worst collection of so called proffessonals i have ever witnessed at FP. No skill, no effort and rotten attitude . Hopefully it gets sorted soon.

First half was instantly forgettable, we were absolutely dire. We couldn't string two passes together and the ball retention was awful. As soon as we got on the ball it was punted out of defence giving Celtic possession to come back at us again, and it was no surprise when they scored. We improved second half without ever looking threatening. I could see the logic in McGhee's thinking by keeping tight. But it's a pity we don't have the players with the ability to carry out the game plan. We need to start picking up points now or we are going to find it very difficult to pull away from the bottom two teams

That was a hammering in everything but the end result and don't let anyone try and tell you otherwise. We were never in the game for the first hour and a bit against what was clearly an underpar Celtic side, yet despite them playing well within themselves they should have won 5-0. Two stonewall penalties denied, hit the woodwork, had our defence like rabbits in the headlights in the first half and we offered absolutely nothing all day and were totally ineffective.

Our team have absolutely no side ways movement McGhee talked about the so called front three changing positions and interchanging with each other. Not once did I see that today so players not carrying out the managers insructions. Our players run forward the back again. It's actually ok to cross over and swap positions when attacking teams. I would have the players come in at 8 o'clock and make them watch good football teams play football. Make then do what they had just watched until they bloody get the basics of football. Then and only then let them go home.

People will perhaps open their eyes and stop spouting p1sh that we have the basis of a good tezm. No we dont we have the makings of a bottom half championship side. Celtic would have been given a hard game by even a competent team. They were cack and yet never broke sweat taking care of what our shower could muster.

As I said in a previous post and what we all see is we don't have the players with the ability to carry out instructions asked by the manager. As LSM said in his post, that was an underpar Celtic side today and we put no pressure on them whatsoever. I was looking at Ambrose today looking like a fish out of water wide right, now, If you were playing on our left today you would have been rubbing your hands at the thought of taking this clown to the cleaners, not once did we put this bombscare of a player under any pressure. The guy is a mistake waiting to happen and we allowed him, and the rest of the Celtic players an easy afternoon. A lot of our players are needing to grow a set and take the game by the scruff of the neck and get stuck in.

Quote Originally Posted by jwok
    I doubt if we could have expected more than a arrow defeat. It could have been so much worse.

Result wise could have been worse , performance wise no it couodnt wecwere blooody awful in every aspect of the game

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)