+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rules and regulations for this board.

Rules and regulations for this board.

I believe there are six mods supervising on this board five of whom are fairly regular overlookers.

Wouldn't it be a step in the right direction if they could, to the exclusion and influence of all other posters get together either in an email group, by p.m.on here or a facebook group and thrash a set of rules or even guide lines about what is specifically allowed and what is absolutely and totally not.

Also the penalties and length of bans given for trespass or for ignoring warnings if given.

These, when agreed by the mods, could be posted as a sticky thread and even discussed generally by the rest of us rank and filers.

I'm well aware of the general rules of Footymad which are available for all to see but these are often transgressed so I feel it would be fairer to all to see our mods in agreement and the no excuses for any poster.

Totally agree with this and think it's a sensible idea. At the end of the day we all like banter. But certain banter needs to be left for certain environments. A lot of things on here is about gays and Muslims. That's not for a Fu(king football forum people. We WILL have Muslim fans and we WILL have gay fans out there. Who knows some may even check in on here and if that's the case they won't be staying around very long. Joke about Football, the mackems even your Mrs just need to keep it savy.

how sad that a grown man needs a sticky so he knows what the rukes areon an internet forum

if you can find the timeto put post up like this
    try and spare some time to go and watch the toon

why the pheck do you need rules

how very very sad

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie_Jacko View Post
    Totally agree with this and think it's a sensible idea. At the end of the day we all like banter. But certain banter needs to be left for certain environments. A lot of things on here is about gays and Muslims. That's not for a Fu(king football forum people. We WILL have Muslim fans and we WILL have gay fans out there. Who knows some may even check in on here and if that's the case they won't be staying around very long. Joke about Football, the mackems even your Mrs just need to keep it savy.
    Just to let everyone know, being bald and Scottish, I am happy to read any jokes on here about bald b*stards and Jocks. This is because I have a sense of humor and know how to identify the difference between a joke and an offensive comment.

I bet you were horrified by Boris´ recent joke about Muslim women looking like post boxes?

Carry on with the PC agenda and do keep us informed on what to think and say.

hey geordie jacko and your other multi user name

please show me where we have lots of muslim and gay threads

you my friend need to get a life

you are only here as a multi to stir the ****3 and be a klingon to the likes of pat

no one puts a thread up like thios other than to stir the sh173

im sure if certain posters over step the mark by slagging them off and calling posters sad etc good old zippy will step in and do their dirty work and press the ban button

but the trith is most of us are grown up and dont need rules

just the freedom to say what we want how we want

isnt that what growmn ups do

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    how sad that a grown man needs a sticky so he knows what the rukes areon an internet forum

if you can find the timeto put post up like this
    try and spare some time to go and watch the toon

why the pheck do you need rules

how very very sad
    why do you need to reply with a personal attack rather than just comment on the content keeping it impersonal?

hey geordie jacko and your other multi user name

please show me where we have lots of muslim and gay threads

you my friend need to get a life

you are only here as a multi to stir the ****3 and be a klingon to the likes of pat

no one puts a thread up like thios other than to stir the sh173

im sure if certain posters over step the mark by slagging them off and calling posters sad etc good old zippy will step in and do their dirty work and press the ban button

but the trith is most of us are grown up and dont need rules

just the freedom to say what we want how we want

isnt that what growmn ups do
    you can say what you want within reason as long as you aren't abusive or personally attacking other posters. its a fine line you tread

june why do you think people put up threads like this

the board has run well these last few weeks
    some good footy threads

some numpty posting about we have lots of muslim gay threads
    really show me them

you were slagged to the hills a few days ago ,called all the names under the sun

i didnt see any replies tha that poster was close to the line

did the thread get removed

dont do their dirty work

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    I believe there are six mods supervising on this board five of whom are fairly regular overlookers.

Wouldn't it be a step in the right direction if they could, to the exclusion and influence of all other posters get together either in an email group, by p.m.on here or a facebook group and thrash a set of rules or even guide lines about what is specifically allowed and what is absolutely and totally not.

Also the penalties and length of bans given for trespass or for ignoring warnings if given.

These, when agreed by the mods, could be posted as a sticky thread and even discussed generally by the rest of us rank and filers.

I'm well aware of the general rules of Footymad which are available for all to see but these are often transgressed so I feel it would be fairer to all to see our mods in agreement and the no excuses for any poster.
    Pat I'm sorry but if you think this through properly your proposal is totally undoable. there is no way you can legislate against every situation/perceived transgression/anything else.
    the rules would cover about 20 pages plus and you still wouldn't cover every eventuality.

there are general rules about expected standards of behaviour that most people, with common sense can see involves being tolerant towards others whether or not they have the same views as yourself or not. transgressions are dealt with as seen fit at the time.
    there is also this- and I quote

" we reserve the right to edit or remove any post that we deem inappropriate, without warning and/or explanation. The same goes for banning."

i believe that covers everything.

june why do you think people put up threads like this

the board has run well these last few weeks
    some good footy threads

some numpty posting about we have lots of muslim gay threads
    really show me them

you were slagged to the hills a few days ago ,called all the names under the sun

i didnt see any replies tha that poster was close to the line

did the thread get removed

dont do their dirty work
    i wouldn't really know P boro i havent been around a lot the past 8 weeks so. i've looked in when i can but not read much in depth.

anyway thats by the bye and i'm not doing anyones dirty work for them.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)