+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who thinks we are definitely not getting promoted already!!?

Who thinks we are definitely not getting promoted already!!?

Will those fans who are convinced we wont get promotion ready to join Big Bob and run around Meadow Lane naked if we do.....?
    It will have to be during a home game preferably the 1st home league game after the promotion!

We'll know if he really is Big Bob though !

If we get promoted I'll definitely run round somewhere naked but I don't think the crowd would appreciate seeing it!

One of the strangest questions and requests I've ever read on NCM but the responses could prove entertaining

I think our hand will be strengthened if Stockport wrap up the title today and then one of Halifax or Solihull sneak 2nd next week.
    I’d much rather have an away semi final at those grounds rather than Stockport or Wrexham.

I've been thinking for a few weeks that we're not good enough and would need to finish 3rd to boost our chances. The capitulation against Torquay and Aldershot hasn't improved my view, despite the form we're in. I also question my expectations, and whether I just demand too much!

So, do I think we'll get promoted? No. Will I run naked around ML? No - sorry. But I'll be ecstatic to be wrong.

It’s going to be a big ask, but I won’t stop believing until it’s over.

This isn’t aimed at any one individual, just an observation.

Constantly predicting failure is the easiest thing in the world to do, it’s quite literally a win, win. “I told you so” if we fail, “Glad to be proved wrong” if we succeed … probably followed by “We will struggle next season with him in charge”.

This has the makings of ending up an epic season if both florist and mansfailed cock up and Notts win the play-offs.

Yes, I know it could all go horribly wrong as well so no need for anyone to state the obvious.

Keep the faith, allow yourself to dream, just a little, might even put a smile on your face, even if just for a few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post
    I've been thinking for a few weeks that we're not good enough and would need to finish 3rd to boost our chances. The capitulation against Torquay and Aldershot hasn't improved my view, despite the form we're in. I also question my expectations, and whether I just demand too much!

So, do I think we'll get promoted? No. Will I run naked around ML? No - sorry. But I'll be ecstatic to be wrong.
    I’m with r-Mac here.
    The only consolation I consider is these are one off games and anything is posssible.
    We could play gash,one chance in off the shin,opposition have all the chances and win 1-0.
    We could pummel the opposition,numerous chances not taken and lose 1-0,
    Thats playoff games for you.
    On our day we can beat any team in this league same as lose to any team.
    Not consistent enough.
    As Ive said before your only as good as your next game.
    Heart says yes,head says no to winning promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post

Agree with this although maybe persuaded to run round naked, subject to being part of a crowd of 10,000 plus, all doing the same thing, each armed with certificates signed by BoJo exempting us from prosecution for indecency.

After yesterday’s result and performance, coupled with the return of key players from injury, I am, however, beginning to get a strange feeling of optimism in my loins. Dangerous I know and likely to come to a shuddering end in a semi final defeat away at Wrexham, but we can only dream. After the achievements of Real Madrid in the week and Bristol Rovers yesterday is it not possible for Notts to finish this season by getting promoted back into the football league?

As Notts fans of course we're going to hope, pray and get behind whatever chances we have
    But we've been in the NL long enough now to know the odds from outside the top 3

I mentioned yesterday, 7th is looking like a much better position than 6th.
    The places aren't settled by any means, but 6th looks like you'll have to travel to Notts and Wrexham. 7th and you have to go at Halifax/Solihull or vice versa. If you're Grimsby or Chesterfield you've got to be looking at that

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast