+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Emotions are high we need to stay calm

Emotions are high we need to stay calm

Some know the reason why Warne and his troop left, thing is we will never be told the real reason, unless of course you're Tony Stewart or Paul Warne.

Lack of investment? False promises? We've all heard this before with previous Managers.

Warne wanting to prove himself? Or, he left because he was fed up with the pittance of a wage he was on compared to other Championship Managers? Could even be he thought he'd run his contract down and do what the modern day player is doing, thing is I don't believe that to be true.

The list goes on and on and this wasn't done overnight. Rumours galore are flying about and I'm getting texts and emails with all kinds of reasons attached. This is only natural considering what has happened.

This for me, this has been in the making for some time now and it's all been kept under wraps with a happy smiling face from Tony Stewart and Paul Warne alike. The fiasco of Mel Morris being unable to sell on Derby, I believe, only delayed the departure of Warne as this was planned months ago.

One thing we as Millers should be proud of is the rollercoaster ride provided by both Tony Stewart and Paul Warne while they were a partnership. At this moment in time I can neither blame Stewart or Warne for the outcome, other than to say thank you
    to both of them for our past six year journey.

We have a committed Chairman at our helm who steers us correctly in the right way forward. The past is the past, it's all about a new chapter in the history of our beloved club. Get behind the Chairman, the new Manager whoever they are and be proud to be a Miller!

"planned months ago"

Indeed

They even arranged a new team photo as a momento

He couldn’t wait to get out of the door. Timing lousy if you think about it.
    Mind you if he thinks he’s took us as far as we can, it is good he’s left cos I don’t think he has.
    Had enough tears last 12 months so I look forward to the next appointment to coach the fine players we have.
    This for me is no different to the Smith & Ihiekwe situation, in fact it’s worse because of the timing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    Mind you if he thinks he’s took us as far as we can, it is good he’s left cos I don’t think he has.
    Had enough tears last 12 months so I look forward to the next appointment to coach the fine players we have.
    This for me is no different to the Smith & Ihiekwe situation, in fact it’s worse because of the timing.
    Fine players we have?

Until the Derby raids in the next transfer window.

I agree...I don't think he has taken us as far as we can either. What about 3 years in The Championship for a start like Evans did. I can see why Derby fans are worried.A one ''small club'' man with no success in the Championship and 3 promotions via the Play-Offs,COVID and the last one that nearly fell apart at the seams towards the end.One Derby fan said he watched all our 6 games in hand the other year when Derby only got 1 point from their last 7 games.He said we were woeful and doesn't buy this 'we were unlucky to go down' rubbish!

Ainsworth from Wycombe. More zombie football.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    I agree...I don't think he has taken us as far as we can either. What about 3 years in The Championship for a start like Evans did. I can see why Derby fans are worried.A one ''small club'' man with no success in the Championship and 3 promotions via the Play-Offs,COVID and the last one that nearly fell apart at the seams towards the end.One Derby fan said he watched all our 6 games in hand the other year when Derby only got 1 point from their last 7 games.He said we were woeful and doesn't buy this 'we were unlucky to go down' rubbish!
    Evans didn't keep us in the championship for 3 years, he kept us up once and then left a few weeks into the second championship season.

Timing is the best it could be in a bad situation. Midseason anyway. We have 2 weeks to get someone in.

The more you think about it, the timing, the little signs/comments, this has been bubbling for some time. If so, and TS has worked with Warne on this, then there has to be some sort of succession plan already in place. It also makes you wonder if the squad were aware what the plan was. Maybe not 100% in the loop, but you can bet there were rumours in abundance...which then puts the excellent start to the season into a whole new perspective.

All this has brought to mind some pub chatter at the start of the season. A bloke said he'd heard from a mates, friends, hairdresser (etc. etc.) that Warne was on his way to Derby and the announcement would be made "half a dozen or so" games in. We all ummed and ahhd, had another beer and forgot about it.

Probably all coincidence and beer talk, but there's much more to this lot than meets the eye.

Guess it’s not gona help thinking about what’s happened. Time to move on unemotionally, ignore League One (as everyone who’s not in it does) and enjoy our nice new squad of fit, calm and quick players.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast