+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where have they gone to?

Where have they gone to?

Old posters I'm talking about.

I've just spent a couple of hours looking through posts from a few years back, (not so many years though), and there were a good few fantastic posters then who don't, or rarely come on here now.

It would be great to have them back now the site is fairly stable with a bit of good craic and varied opinions, as well as the football being good to chat about and no issues about the owners and management.

I'll list a few that I can recall, in no particular order and apologies to any good ones I've left out.

Toonlegend, I know still peeps in but her posts are missed.
    Zoggs, been missing for ages.
    Ashingtoon62
    StanleyMag
    WaalsendMick
    TriniToon
    ToonfalifeKevBrown
    Kal
    TheOtherTerryMac

As I said apologies for those I've missed, but if any current posters are still in touch with any of the above, or indeed others, it would be great to swell the ranks and have them back to enjoy more good chat on here.

Add to the list Geordie-Exile-De

Aye, canny bunch of posters there, Pat.

I suspect quite a few still read but have got out of the habit/routine of posting. It's a shame because it would be nice to have a few more folk on. Forums come and go so we've done pretty well to keep this one kicking around. Might get back to the busier days, might not but it's a cracking place to post, imo, so I think it's worth looking after.

I still talk to Zoggs and Mick on twitter now and again..

Spencer and Toonsy were decent too, we had a Football Manager joint account at one point which was decent craic..

I've been on and off a couple of times due to losing account details etc and personal life but always remember around the 2009/10 on this board was pretty decent with the Sunderland lot also posting.. could get pretty volatile to be fair but was guaranteed to be some kind of scandal going on with multis or crap banter

I always remember when that Five fella offered me out on here from Sunderland board, I still haven't heard from him since haha

Quote Originally Posted by Tutfoster1892 View Post
    I still talk to Zoggs and Mick on twitter now and again..

Spencer and Toonsy were decent too, we had a Football Manager joint account at one point which was decent craic..

I've been on and off a couple of times due to losing account details etc and personal life but always remember around the 2009/10 on this board was pretty decent with the Sunderland lot also posting.. could get pretty volatile to be fair but was guaranteed to be some kind of scandal going on with multis or crap banter

I always remember when that Five fella offered me out on here from Sunderland board, I still haven't heard from him since haha
    He probably couldn't get his corsets fastened up.

Full disclosure. I’ve been using this forum for 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by GBruno View Post
    Full disclosure. I’ve been using this forum for 20 years.
    Blimey...originally as....?

Aye - good shout Pat.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Blimey...originally as....?
    I can’t actually remember. I use to sign up, piss people off (not always intentionally), then leave.

I spent one year pretending to be foreign and wrote in broken english like Borat or something.
    One guy inparticular used to seem to love it so I kept doing it. I used to promote the idea that Obafemi Martins should be manager even though he was still playing for us. I used to upload photos saying I love Oba Martins but the photos were actually Sol Campbell.

That’s all I really remember of myself.

Oh I remember being active in the Ashley/ Keegan days but left when Keegan did as I was too depressed about it.

I’ll try and remember some of my names. I remember many of the guys listed above.

Quote Originally Posted by GBruno View Post
    I can’t actually remember. I use to sign up, piss people off (not always intentionally), then leave.

I spent one year pretending to be foreign and wrote in broken english like Borat or something.
    One guy inparticular used to seem to love it so I kept doing it. I used to promote the idea that Obafemi Martins should be manager even though he was still playing for us. I used to upload photos saying I love Oba Martins but the photos were actually Sol Campbell.

That’s all I really remember of myself.

Oh I remember being active in the Ashley/ Keegan days but left when Keegan did as I was too depressed about it.

I’ll try and remember some of my names. I remember many of the guys listed above.
    You're Wolf arent you?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)