+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: MillersMad Matchthread - Burton v The Millers

MillersMad Matchthread - Burton v The Millers

What a difference a few days makes!

From being rock bottom after the match against Lincoln to being on top of the world and taking a bag full of confidence into to todays match from the Tuesday nights win against Shrewsberrry.

What exactly are our intentions this season? I was quick to say that we'll get over 100 points and go up automatically. This was on the back of some of the signings that the club has made and I don't think I've changed my mind over it yet. Today however is a good test of where we are and up against a good, well organised team that have the same ambitions as us. Yes we could both be up there at the end of the season but this games is already a 6 pointer!

It's strange to think that by the time we have another Matchthread we could be another 6 points behind the leaders. Yes we'd have a couple of games in hand but I'd rather have the points on the board. It is what it is and we just have to get on with it. I'm sure they'll have a behind closed doors match to practice and keep the fitness levels up before we take on Sheffield Wednesday on the 27th (or Bury). It could work out to be a handy break after having the whole summer off, running about a bit in Germany, a few friendlies then playing 4 competitive matches. They must be knackered!
    Of course none of it is of the clubs making and to be quite honest I'm delighted that the match against Portsmouth is off because I'm attending a marriage. every silver lining is attached to a cloud nine and all of that! A marriage of nobility believe it or not! I've bought them a sausage cutter in the style of a guillotine. I hope they find ironic!

As I find myself just writing down a load of words that mean naff all really probably due to the over compsumption of a delightful red wine I am struggling to find out anything decent to say about Burton. It has some breweries and a tire factory but not much else does it? Marmite! I had forgot about the horrible brown shïtty stuff that folk spread on all sorts of food stuffs to ruin it!

Who in there right mind thought that using a yeast extract would be a good idea? That's what we're up against today guys and dolls! A football club in a town that has built itself up on beer which is a good thing to having the waste products spread on toast!

Love it or hate it?

Well I hate Marmite but I love my Rotherham United! (and red wine).

Enjoy the game folks it could be a classic!

Hmmm....Marmite, love the stuff.

Did you know it's a banned substance in Denmark?

Anyway, today's game, the midweek win has to be a confidence boost but really the defensive flaws are still there. Our final finishing position will depend on how many more "schoolboy error" preventable goals we concede.

Today will be a good indicator of progress, a better one than Shrewsbury.

Welcome Millersmadsters around the world to a currently sunny, slightly breezy Burton-on- Trent. Chucked it down yesterday, but brightened up this morning. Should be a good turnout of Millers fans at the match

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Hmmm....Marmite, love the stuff.

Did you know it's a banned substance in Denmark?

Anyway, today's game, the midweek win has to be a confidence boost but really the defensive flaws are still there. Our final finishing position will depend on how many more "schoolboy error" preventable goals we concede.

Today will be a good indicator of progress, a better one than Shrewsbury.
    Why is it banned Grist?

I quite like Marmite but only on toast and the toast has to be hot and marg melted and the marmite only thinly spread. (We can make a small jar last for a year in our house- which is another good thing it dunt go easily off!). Would never have it in a cold sandwich or on cold toast. I'm not sure what other uses you can have for it. I'm sure some culinary expert on here might enlighten me with that one.

A point would do today by the way and 3 would be marvellous. It is a bit of a tester today to see if we can be up there as you say.

UTM.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 17-08-2019 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Why is it banned Grist?

I quite like Marmite but only on toast and the toast has to be hot and marg melted and the marmite only thinly spread. (We can make a small jar last for a year in our house- which is another good thing it dunt go easily off!). Would never have it in a cold sandwich or on cold toast. I'm not sure what other uses you can have for it. I'm sure some culinary expert on here might enlighten me with that one.

A point would do today by the way and 3 would be marvellous. It is a bit of a tester today to see if we can be up there as you say.

UTM.
    It's banned because it has added vitamins - against Danish rules.
    It is, of course, delicious but, like you, I only have a small amount on toast. I'm fairly sure Graftons used to stir some into their dripping for dripping bread cakes - again delicious. I seem to remember Spike Milligan writing that he rubbed some into his knees to fail the medical for military service - but the medics dog licked it off
    Last edited by wrinkly; 17-08-2019 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    It's banned because it has added vitamins - against Danish rules.
    It is, of course, delicious but, like you, I only have a small amount on toast. I'm fairly sure Graftons used to stir some into their dripping for dripping bread cakes - again delicious. I seem to remember Spike Milligan writing that he rubbed some into his knees to fail the medical for military service - but the medics dog licked it off

Aye I seem to remember tasting marmite in dripping bread cakes wrinks when I think about it.

The only issue with Marmite is it sports the same colours as Burton Albion........ and isn’t it a byproduct of the brewing process ?

100 points for the season is a little ambitious 🐸 frogster.
    I’m guessing we can afford to lose 6 games this season and still make second place, as long as we don’t draw too many like Sunderland did last season.
    Be prepared for a difficult afternoon and I’m going for a creditable away point.

UTM.

I love Marmite! I'm not too keen on Burton Albion though. We've come unstuck against these one too many times.

2-1 millers today you heard it here first .

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast