+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT South Korea

OT South Korea

We love you, you can even eat my pet dog

So, if Brazil win their group tonight, the following route to the semi finals opens up:

Group game 3 Lose to Belgium
    Last 16 Play group winner H - Colombia/Japan/Senegal
    last 8 (QF) Play Sweden/Serbia/Switzerland

So it in our own hands to avoid a QF against Brazil: a swift battle of last minute own goals seems like to prevail tomorrow as the Belgians search for that route forward as well!

On the other hand, if Brazil dont win the group, make sure we do thus getting Serbia/Switzerland/Mexico in the last 8
    !
    Last edited by Geoff Parkstone; 27-06-2018 at 04:52 PM.

Whatever you do, when talking to Germans....... don't mention ze VAR!!

..... or Gerexit

Quote Originally Posted by geoff parkstone View Post
    we love you, you can even eat my pet dog

I've sent a facebook message to every Gareth Southgate I could find and sent the following message:

Please send 500 euros stop. Arrive Kaliningrad midday thursday stop. Shirt size XXXL stop. will bring own boots stop. I'm your new centre half stop. You KNOW losing this match makes sense and I'm your white knight stop. England expects, regards &C&C Faber A

This is excellent news for Felix Brych the German referee. He now has an excellent chance of getting the Final.

Korea's first goal. Would you have allowed it? I wouldn't. IMO VAR got it wrong. The question is, was it all in the same phase of play or was it a second phase? I say 1st phase in which case the Korean attacker gained an advantage from being in an offside position.

Let's take a look at what happened.

1. the ball comes over
    2. A Korean player heads it forwards into the mix and the eventual scorer is stood offside
    3. the ball lands at Kroos's feet and he attempts to clear but only manages to toepoke it to the player whose is stood in an offside position.
    4. the Korean player scores.

IMO that is one phase of play and therefore the player was offside and the goal should not have stood.

Having said that, I am so very glad it did as I have now seen a Group stage end with Germany bottom. It's never happened before and will very likely not happen again in the next 100 years.

The image below is taken from the FIFA Offside Law description and is why I think the goal should not have stood. I look forward to your various perspectives on it.

Name:  Korean offside.JPG
Views: 83
Size:  46.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Korea's first goal. Would you have allowed it? I wouldn't. IMO VAR got it wrong. The question is, was it all in the same phase of play or was it a second phase? I say 1st phase in which case the Korean attacker gained an advantage from being in an offside position.

Let's take a look at what happened.

1. the ball comes over
    2. A Korean player heads it forwards into the mix and the eventual scorer is stood offside
    3. the ball lands at Kroos's feet and he attempts to clear but only manages to toepoke it to the player whose is stood in an offside position.
    4. the Korean player scores.

IMO that is one phase of play and therefore the player was offside and the goal should not have stood.

Having said that, I am so very glad it did as I have now seen a Group stage end with Germany bottom. It's never happened before and will very likely not happen again in the next 100 years.

The image below is taken from the FIFA Offside Law description and is why I think the goal should not have stood. I look forward to your various perspectives on it.

Name:  Korean offside.JPG
Views: 83
Size:  46.5 KB
    Agreed. I think he was offside twice. I had a heated debate with myself on this last night after the only person listening told me to STFU. Doesn't matter if it was a sh*t shot, doesn't matter if it was the defender's shorts, doesn't matter if it was just inches, it was offside. Where's Jack Taylor when we need him?

No you are missing the key point. Was the initial action intended for the scorer?
    No it was an attempt on goal itself and unfortunately for Germany, last played by a German defender and it fell to the scorer.
    Having been last played by the opponent the player is not deemed offside.

And no the initial header too wasn't in breach.
    Goal stands

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)