+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our Current Squad - Who Should Go and How Many Do We Need?

Our Current Squad - Who Should Go and How Many Do We Need?

The current team.

Permanent members for the season:

1. Darlow
    2. Fox
    3. Mancienne
    4. Lichaj
    5. Cohen
    6. Reid
    7. Antonio
    8. Burke
    9. Paterson
    10. Assombalonga
    11. Fryatt
    12. Hobbs
    13. Harding
    14. Hunt
    15. Lascelles
    16. Osborn
    17. McLaughlin
    18. Vaughan
    19. Laing
    20. Veldwijk
    21. Wilson

On Loan:

22. Evtimov

Transfer listed:

23. Collins
    24. Halford
    25. Abdoun

Awaiting confirmation:

26. Lansbury

Status Pending:

27. Blackstock.

So in reality at the moment we have 20 confirmed players for the season. If Lansbury decides to stay and Collins and Halford can't find another club we'd have 23. That leaves Wilson to recover (24), with Abdoun and Blackstock unlikely to figure.

We are ok defence wise, but a little light in midfield. Probably need another striker as well. I think we need at least 2 more players.

re: Our Current Squad - Who Should Go and How Many Do We Need?

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis
    The current team.

Permanent members for the season:

1. Darlow
    2. Fox
    3. Mancienne
    4. Lichaj
    5. Cohen
    6. Reid
    7. Antonio
    8. Burke
    9. Paterson
    10. Assombalonga
    11. Fryatt
    12. Hobbs
    13. Harding
    14. Hunt
    15. Lascelles
    16. Osborn
    17. McLaughlin
    18. Vaughan
    19. Laing
    20. Veldwijk
    21. Wilson

On Loan:

22. Evtimov

Transfer listed:

23. Collins
    24. Halford
    25. Abdoun

Awaiting confirmation:

26. Lansbury

Status Pending:

27. Blackstock.

So in reality at the moment we have 20 confirmed players for the season. If Lansbury decides to stay and Collins and Halford can't find another club we'd have 23. That leaves Wilson to recover (24), with Abdoun and Blackstock unlikely to figure.

We are ok defence wise, but a little light in midfield. Probably need another striker as well. I think we need at least 2 more players.
    And 2 of them are not on our wage bill so realistically we need to out the 3 tranfer lists and we Will have a healthy 21-22

Lansbury
    Collins
    Halford
    Abdoun
    Blackstock
    out for me, Lansbury sale would generate income,

Let's just say Lansbury goes and of the 4 of Blackstock, Abdoun, Collins and Halford, only 1 remains - Halford, that means we just have 22 players.

Definitely we need 2 more minimum, especially in midfield. Injuries and suspensions will take its toll eventually, and we'd end up like last year, no proper midfielders left. We can shuffle the strikers around, play with just 1 with Paterson supporting him, if we are short, but we need a midfield to supply them.

We'll be very lucky to go through the whole season with just the 22 we have and still be able to muster a sustained challenge. The 1 fillip is that we are unlikely to suffer from a crippling defence this term, we have a lot of cover there. Always a sound system to bolster your defence first.

Let's just say Lansbury goes and of the 4 of Blackstock, Abdoun, Collins and Halford, only 1 remains - Halford, that means we just have 22 players.

Definitely we need 2 more minimum, especially in midfield. Injuries and suspensions will take its toll eventually, and we'd end up like last year, no proper midfielders left. We can shuffle the strikers around, play with just 1 with Paterson supporting him, if we are short, but we need a midfield to supply them.

We'll be very lucky to go through the whole season with just the 22 we have and still be able to muster a sustained challenge. The 1 fillip is that we are unlikely to suffer from a crippling defence this term, we have a lot of cover there. Always a sound system to bolster your defence first.
    The gaffer has been outing the dead wood. He knows all this.
    He has said he wants 2 more and has spoken to Fawaz.
    Abdoun,Collins,Halford and Harding- get rid, now.
    Blackstock as soon as h

The current team.

On Loan:

22. Evtimov
    Where is Dimitar now then?

I know he was going to Wrexham but that fell through, as the Welsh FA blocked the move for some reason. Or at least that was the last I'd heard.

Quote Originally Posted by tricky1972
    The current team.

On Loan:

22. Evtimov

I know he was going to Wrexham but that fell through, as the Welsh FA blocked the move for some reason. Or at least that was the last I'd heard.[/quote]

Didn't he play a pre season game at Mansfield?

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds

The gaffer has been outing the dead wood. He knows all this.
    He has said he wants 2 more and has spoken to Fawaz...

4 in for me then. Another fullback. DM, Winger, Striker. Loans would do, if they are quality. The kids still need to be involved. Lascelles should be lucky to get a game for me. He made his choice, it isn't for his benefit anymore.
    You sure about this? According to the experts from another forum, we are in meltdown with administration looming large! You sure SP and Fawaz are talking as well? It appears that all the signings, clearance or fire sales were his handiwork too.

We are broke and skint, Fawaz ready to bail. As for Lascelles, he's our top player and we'll be worse for wear when he's gone.

It's make or break for us this season, that's the verdict, with break the only viable scenario.

Don't look at me, I'm just as clueless as you about the true affairs of our club. I can only regurgitate what the

Quote Originally Posted by tricky1972
    The current team.

On Loan:

22. Evtimov

I know he was going to Wrexham but that fell through, as the Welsh FA blocked the move for some reason. Or at least that was the last I'd heard.[/quote]
    I thought he was still with us.forest wanted a call back clause but the welsh fa don't allow this or something.im sure he tweeted on sat as well saying come on boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Polish_ForestMad
    The current team.

On Loan:

22. Evtimov

I thought he was still with us.forest wanted a call back clause but the welsh fa don't allow this or something.im sure he tweeted on sat as well saying come on boys.[/quote]

Ok thanks. But I don't mind him going out for a bit like Darlow did. He needs games if he's gonna be our replacement. We definitely need to scour for a good keeper for next season. If Dimitar can fill in, all the better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast