+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can I be the first to suggest this reason why Hecky left Barnsley

Can I be the first to suggest this reason why Hecky left Barnsley

Firstly - Heckys interviews in the summer were not very complimentary towards GG with regard to getting players in.

And then Gauthier statement on the Official Barnsley site goes beyond anything I’ve seen before when a manager leaves - usually the club just bids good luck to the leaving manager.
    That hasn’t happened here.

It’s only a guess - but it wouldn’t come as no surprise to me that there has been bad feelings building between new owners/Gauthier and Hecky.
    For some reason they couldn’t get on.
    And this has come to a head during the transfer window.
    Hecky has then jumped on the first gravy train that’s passed him - and that’s Leeds.

I might be wrong - but let’s wait and see.

Or what about he's been out of his depth since Tommy Wright left. Without the "he's one of our own" he would have been long gone. The fans gave him a remarkable amount of loyalty and would have stuck with him until no matter what. Pity he could not show that loyalty back to the fans. He probably would have gone to Forrest or Sunderland, but didn't get the job. One of our own would never have gone to Leeds, Wendys or Blunts. Good riddance, I will look forward to Hecky taking Leeds down.

Quote Originally Posted by tiggertyke View Post
    Or what about he's been out of his depth since Tommy Wright left. Without the "he's one of our own" he would have been long gone. The fans gave him a remarkable amount of loyalty and would have stuck with him until no matter what. Pity he could not show that loyalty back to the fans. He probably would have gone to Forrest or Sunderland, but didn't get the job. One of our own would never have gone to Leeds, Wendys or Blunts. Good riddance, I will look forward to Hecky taking Leeds down.
    You'd turn 30k a week down then ?

Yes or No ?

Yes

Because job security is more important.(unless he knew that his job here wasn't secure, then I would be on the first train)
    Leeds job is a disaster waiting to happen. He won't get the loyalty that he enjoyed here.
    We will see if he is any good soon enough.

Because job security is more important.(unless he knew that his job here wasn't secure, then I would be on the first train)
    Leeds job is a disaster waiting to happen. He won't get the loyalty that he enjoyed here.
    How much loyalty do you think he would have got here? He went before he was pushed in my view. New contract or not. I'd have gone. He has a young family to think about.

They don't think like that though , they all back themselves to be the one to bring the good times back , self confidence and belief run through them all in pro football .

In all honesty how many times do you see any of em stick their hands up and say " my fault , I got it wrong "

Very rarely , Hecky will be thinking he can take them to the PL and beyond .

Or maybe he has gone from £30000 a year to £30000 a week. Cannot blame him. He was asked to do an impossible job in the last 12 months on not that much money(in footballing terms)

Quote Originally Posted by Nozzer1953 View Post
    Or maybe he has gone from £30000 a year to £30000 a week. Cannot blame him. He was asked to do an impossible job in the last 12 months on not that much money(in footballing terms)
    So why didn’t he go earlier to Sunderland or Forest ???
    Nope - he went soon after he witnessed how the new owners / Ganaye performed during the transfer window.
    I believe something has happened that has forced Hecky to look elsewhere.
    Although he hates Leeds - that was the only option open to him.
    Hecky isn’t saying much today - so there’s something amiss.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Firstly - Heckys interviews in the summer were not very complimentary towards GG with regard to getting players in.

And then Gauthier statement on the Official Barnsley site goes beyond anything I’ve seen before when a manager leaves - usually the club just bids good luck to the leaving manager.
    That hasn’t happened here.

It’s only a guess - but it wouldn’t come as no surprise to me that there has been bad feelings building between new owners/Gauthier and Hecky.
    For some reason they couldn’t get on.
    And this has come to a head during the transfer window.
    Hecky has then jumped on the first gravy train that’s passed him - and that’s Leeds.

I might be wrong - but let’s wait and see.
    A cant believe am gooina type these words Nudge but I agree wi thi.

Summats not been reyt darn theear forra while.

Fo students of reading between the lines Hecky's brief interview artside Bellend Rooad when he wo on abart thinking the same way as his new owners abart how the job should be done is another pointer in that direction.
    SNRDT

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast