+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ten Hag remains Man Utd boss

Ten Hag remains Man Utd boss

Mmmmmmm? I thought he would have been sent packing but it appears, several Managers ruled themselves out of the running. I suppose it's best to stick with what you know and, it's amazing what a cup win can do for your you, especially against a bigger local rival.

Talks are underway to retain his services with an extended contract.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football...s/c511vlg7jvno

He’s done a half decent job with a lot of situations in the background.
    He’s made mistakes but I think he will end up doing good job.

I think some of the players want to take a look at them selves.Ten Hags got spend a lot on that defence, Shaw,Maguire & Evans not good enough for a top Prem side.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    I think some of the players want to take a look at them selves.Ten Hags got spend a lot on that defence, Shaw,Maguire & Evans not good enough for a top Prem side.

Southgate doesn't agree but I've only watched Shaw for England forgettable word I'd use. But English recognised left backs in the the premiership seem an endangered species these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    I read somewhere recently that mufc had actually spent the most on transfers in recent times in our top flight, perhaps it was for the last 12 months. So not good vfm as Tony likes to stipulate.

Bearing in mind the above expenditure your comments are what I was thinking too.

Some Managers have turned mufc down? Blimey they’re a bit picky. Should be One of the most sought after jobs in the world particularly with Jim Radcliffes billions
    Last edited by flourbasher; 12-06-2024 at 02:07 PM.

Some very expensive flops at Man Utd and some players with very bad atitudes.

Any manager going there will have a battle on his hands so maybe it's right that some said "no thanks"

Also isn't Radcliffe a minority shareholder, so maybe hasn't the power we think he has?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post

Also isn't Radcliffe a minority shareholder, so maybe hasn't the power we think he has?
    Yes could be.
    I seem to recall him stating he was going to make significant funds available for transfers though regardless of his shareholding
    Easy for him to say that

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Southgate doesn't agree but I've only watched Shaw for England forgettable word I'd use. But English recognised left backs in the the premiership seem an endangered species these days.
    gru, they're an endangered species at ours! How many seasons have we gone without a decent left back?