+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In light of the West Stand announcement - what would fans like to see ???

In light of the West Stand announcement - what would fans like to see ???

As supporters we don’t know the details of the dispute that lies between the Cryne family and the consortium with regard to the ground.
    We do know that James Cryne has repeatedly said that the Cryne family are willing to sell their ownership of 50% of the ground.

Barnsley Council are always going to be an inert 50% owner - just there to ensure the area of the ground is not used for any other purposes other than Barnsley Football Club.
    So I can’t see where the problem lies.

Oakwell is a prime location for a football club - in easy walking distance from the town centre and its travel links.
    I wouldn’t want to move away from there.
    But I do believe improvements to the ground are very much needed.

Personally - as much as I have loved the West Stand - I would like to see the West Stand demolished and a new stand built there of similar height to the Ponti and attached to the Ponti by a corner stand.

Within that stand I would like to see a double row of boxes running along the top of the stand with purpose built facilities incorporated into that for the media.

I believe the players should also access the field from the centre of that stand - as they traditionally used to do.

Other than that the gaps between the stands should be filled with stands in keeping with the corner stand that exists between the Ponti and East Stand.

The capacity at the moment is 23,000 - any improvements must take the capacity above that to at least 25,000 as I think if Barnsley were successful they could easily sell over 20,000 season tickets.
    The other 4 to 5000 for away supporters.

Nice wish list .

Care to tell us who is going to pay for it ?

All i wantto see is 3pts

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Nice wish list .

Care to tell us who is going to pay for it ?
    Well …… since tha’s asked - am gunna tell thi.

If the dispute with the Cryne family can be resolved - and an agreement can be made with Barnsley Council for them to have no decisions on the ground development - then what’s stopping the consortium buying the 50% share of the ground ???

The consortium can then rebuild the stadium with the understanding that if it’s sold the money raised by the sale goes to the consortium.
    But the council remain half owner so nothing other than a stadium for Barnsley Foot Club can be developed.

On the face of it - it doesn’t seem a difficult or complicate situation.

Rip it all darn create a 80000 super stadium. Buy 20 world class players. Sit in the top 4 of the Premier league. Would be my plan....
    Doupt that will happen though

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Well …… since tha’s asked - am gunna tell thi.

If the dispute with the Cryne family can be resolved - and an agreement can be made with Barnsley Council for them to have no decisions on the ground development - then what’s stopping the consortium buying the 50% share of the ground ???

The consortium can then rebuild the stadium with the understanding that if it’s sold the money raised by the sale goes to the consortium.
    But the council remain half owner so nothing other than a stadium for Barnsley Foot Club can be developed.

On the face of it - it doesn’t seem a difficult or complicate situation.
    Why do you keep thinking PMG are going to spend money here Nudge ?

Absolutely no evidence of it in four years .

Absolutely no evidence they spent any money at OGC Nice either .

The only funding they are likely to put in will be loans and the club will have to pay it back through the revenue it creates plus sizeable interest .

That's what they did at OGC Nice and how they bought the club .

They do not spend money and they won't here either .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Why do you keep thinking PMG are going to spend money here Nudge ?

Absolutely no evidence of it in four years .

Absolutely no evidence they spent any money at OGC Nice either .

The only funding they are likely to put in will be loans and the club will have to pay it back through the revenue it creates plus sizeable interest .

That's what they did at OGC Nice and how they bought the club .

They do not spend money and they won't here either .
    Against league rules for owners to loan money to their club.

What I’ve seen and heard - the consortium is here to do this:
    Buy a Championship club relatively cheaply.
    “Don’t go crazy” but build carefully.
    Progress the club - including the stadium - so it becomes a valuable saleable asset.
    Then when the right offer comes in - sell.

There is no other explanation of why this consortium bought Barnsley.
    Other than the club owners wanting a hobby - and I think there is a fair slice of that behind the purchase.
    They are here to make money at the end of the day - but in the meantime they enjoy being part of the club.

The consortium make a good profit.
    The supporters are left with a more valuable club.
    What’s not to like?

The only alternative to this route is that an owner takes us down the traditional route - that is, they come in and throw £££millions at the club - which ultimately leaves the club in crippling debt - or with the owners losing millions.

IMO - the supporters who don’t like the consortiums strategy - would also be upset if the owners put the club under a mountain of debt.
    So I can only assume that these supporters would prefer a rich owner to come into the club and lose £££millions at the club.
    Is that fair ?

Is that a way of plotting long term success - because if one owner is losing £££millions - then how attractive is the club going to be in the future for any potential buyers?

There maybe slightly different things that the consortium could do - I don’t know - but their basic strategy is the only way I can see that the club will have a long term successful future.

Not many fans have shuck the hand of Chien Lee and Grace Hung - but I have.
    They are not scary monsters.
    Just ordinary people.

What are they building? We’ve got players who were unwanted the last transfer window and that doesn’t support their model. We’re in the relegation dog fight again and apart from a freak season we’ve gone nowhere.

The smoke signals of discontent are visible and lifelong supporters have waved the White flag.

A cluster feck if you open your eyes

Against league rules for owners to loan money to their club.

What I’ve seen and heard - the consortium is here to do this:
    Buy a Championship club relatively cheaply.
    “Don’t go crazy” but build carefully.
    Progress the club - including the stadium - so it becomes a valuable saleable asset.
    Then when the right offer comes in - sell.

There is no other explanation of why this consortium bought Barnsley.
    Other than the club owners wanting a hobby - and I think there is a fair slice of that behind the purchase.
    They are here to make money at the end of the day - but in the meantime they enjoy being part of the club.

The consortium make a good profit.
    The supporters are left with a more valuable club.
    What’s not to like?

The only alternative to this route is that an owner takes us down the traditional route - that is, they come in and throw £££millions at the club - which ultimately leaves the club in crippling debt - or with the owners losing millions.

IMO - the supporters who don’t like the consortiums strategy - would also be upset if the owners put the club under a mountain of debt.
    So I can only assume that these supporters would prefer a rich owner to come into the club and lose £££millions at the club.
    Is that fair ?

Is that a way of plotting long term success - because if one owner is losing £££millions - then how attractive is the club going to be in the future for any potential buyers?

There maybe slightly different things that the consortium could do - I don’t know - but their basic strategy is the only way I can see that the club will have a long term successful future.

Just ordinary people.
    Everyone's got a strategy , until I punch them on the nose .

Mike Tyson

Just ordinary people.
    Tha should have gotten a selfie wi em Nudge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast