+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Team v Newport County

Team v Newport County

Just wondering with all the injuries and suspensions, what people think will be the side we put out against Newport. I think I would go to.

Slocombe

Macari Baldwin Tipton

TAR Palmer O'Brien Nemane

Crowley Jones

Langstaff
    Subs
    Stone
    Rawlinson
    Austin
    Morias
    ?
    ?
    ?

Would be surprised if Tipton plays ahead of Rawlo to be honest. Hoping a couple of the walking wounded will be fit enough for the bench.

Slocombe

Macari Baldwin Rawlinson

TAR Palmer Austin Jones

Crowley Morais

Langstaff

Not sure JOB's up to starting another game so soon and unless Bostock is going to be back for Wrexham I'd rather keep him fresh for that.

I suggested Tipton on the left as I think he played there against Derby. I know it would be pushing JOB, but when needs must

Quote Originally Posted by Ex_Southwell_Magpie View Post
    Would be surprised if Tipton plays ahead of Rawlo to be honest. Hoping a couple of the walking wounded will be fit enough for the bench.
    Please no..let's not play Rawlo at left centre back again, ever.! I'm not having a go at him hes a steady good defender on the right side of defence but has to many limitations on the left side that hampers our style of play.If it means playing young blood there (Tipton) due to lack of numbers , fitness and recovery time then so be it.if we are going to go lose then let's do it in a progressive style and not putting a square peg in a round hole please.

I have never seen Tipton play so can't comment or judge who should come in in my opinion. Was surprised Macari came on instead of Rawlinson who would be the safer and more expected choice based on team selections this season. But as we know Luke Williams and Ryan Hartley know best and went with the youngster and it paid off. I trust their decisions whoever they select on Tuesday, why wouldn't we?

In the Tinker Man we trust.

Quote Originally Posted by thefulltenyards View Post
    I trust their decisions whoever they select on Tuesday, why wouldn't we?
    Because people enjoy expressing their opinions and discussing different possibilities for the team they support, and this is a forum in which to express those opinions.

This board is becoming increasingly frustrating to use as more and more people try to stifle debate.

We should all just log on at 1pm Friday and copy and paste that the correct team selection will be the one that gets picked, and again at 5pm Saturday to say that everyone played well.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Please no..let's not play Rawlo at left centre back again, ever.! I'm not having a go at him hes a steady good defender on the right side of defence but has to many limitations on the left side that hampers our style of play.If it means playing young blood there (Tipton) due to lack of numbers , fitness and recovery time then so be it.if we are going to go lose then let's do it in a progressive style and not putting a square peg in a round hole please.
    Judging by that Derby game I think Tipton is right footed too but hopefully Jones will play which will balance it a little better than Mansfield

I wonder what's happened to Will Randall? He's not even mentioned when the injury update questions are asked of the gaffer.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodypie View Post
    I wonder what's happened to Will Randall? He's not even mentioned when the injury update questions are asked of the gaffer.
    What's up with chicksen ? As we know he can do a very good job as a left sided centre back..what injury has he got and length of time out.?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast