+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NUFC vs Man U

NUFC vs Man U

Same team as the one that started against Forest.

Bit surprised Joelinton doesn't come straight back in but not complaining.

Team doesn't fill me with confidence.

Murphy and Longstaff starting

I am really getting annoyed that Targett isn't starting at left back.
    Howe preferred Burn at left back even before Targett got injured

We are not getting the best out of Bruno playing him as a 6 either. He's an 8. Box to box.

Eddie obviously doesn’t believe in changing a winning team. I thought big Joe would start but then again I didn’t see them training this week!

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Eddie obviously doesn’t believe in changing a winning team. I thought big Joe would start but then again I didn’t see them training this week!
    Eddie doesn't seem to believe is changing anything ever unless injury forces it. It's wound me up a few times this season.

Murphy has one ok game and everyone seems to have forgiven how ****e he has been for us.

Quote Originally Posted by GBruno View Post
    Team doesn't fill me with confidence.

Murphy and Longstaff starting

I am really getting annoyed that Targett isn't starting at left back.
    Howe preferred Burn at left back even before Targett got injured
    Murphy and Longstaff are championship players and should be nowhere near the first team.

Quote Originally Posted by MidsMagpie View Post
    Murphy and Longstaff are championship players and should be nowhere near the first team.
    Longstaff's better than that, imo, but I agree about Murphy.

Murphy put in two or three good performances off the bench before he got his start. I agree he has been sh-*te in the past but it’s how he plays now that matters ( Joelinton was utter sh*te for a season too, if you remember, and now everyone’s surprised he’s not starting today).

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post

Unchanged side

Name:  NUFC .jpg
Views: 177
Size:  67.9 KB

I don't fear these clowns at all. We will win

Name:  ****s.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  65.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Thought Murphy was one of our best players last few games.

Not sure why Longstaff is starting, we were in a position to put muscle Man Utd out of midfield with Joelinton available and Casemiro out… and Longstaff just gives the ball away for too easily… but as you said earlier we don’t know how they trained and Joelinton has spent quite a bit of his time out back in Brazil so maybe Howe feels he isn’t fit to start.

That all said, we have Big Jo, Gordon, and Anderson available to come off the bench… which is an improvement on recent options.

Burn starting over Targett, so Tripper can move into midfield and we play effectively with 3 centrehalfs

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)